On disconnect!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
We were offerd someones guest house for the week in the mountains. It turned out to be a 4k+sqf carriage house that was seperate from a 10k+sqf main house on 13+ plus manicured mountain acres. Best place I have ver stayed and came with a great new kitchen that i had never seen. I brought my folding Chefs knife from AG Russell as was glad I did.

The first night our hosts joined us for a the biggest tri-tip I have ever seen or cooked along with caremalized onions and salsa for topping. I also served beans and some sliced zuccini dressed with pesto. Our hosts brought some squash dish baked with a cream sauce and bread crumbs.

A few other memorable meals included Californis Roll Noodle bowls with Udon,carrot.romaine,avacado.seseame.cucumber,soy,wasabi,sesame seed,sri hacha

Machaca, which is a Mexican breakfast consisting of leftover potatoe,steak.cilantro tomatoe,bacon,cheese,eggs,green onions all reheated in a skillet. I added some corn this time and it worked great.

Cumin rubbed baby back ribs ribs done in the oven with a honey glaze at the end.Fresh Garlic and buttered sourdough to go with along with a great watermelon.

Mini Thanksgiving style style dinner with green bean bean casserole,Roasted chicken,beet salad,potatoes

We were completly disconnected from TV,Internet,news etc. I was almost surprised that the earth was still here when I got home! Thanks to all for keeping it together! LOL!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom