Dinner Wednesday 17th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pastitsio made and ready to pop into the oven for dinner, yeah!!!!! Love love love Pastitsio, Lasagna, Mac and Cheese or any baked pasta dish!

I think I'm going to reheat that stew I made the other night and have it over egg noodles. Maybe I'll go pick up some fresh green beans to go along.

I haven't a clue! Need to go to the store first. Almost out of coffee and milk. All out of chicken. No broccoli. Want to hit the warehouse store (Sam's) today if I can to stock up on stuff. Maybe I'll find something interesting there.

I have leftover taco meat mixture so I'm planning on adding some canned spaghetti sauce and using it to make a lasagna. Tex/Mex style. Mmmm.

I forgot I had thawed a big fat chicken thigh, so I'm roasting that now for dinner.

I will assemble the taco meat lasagna and refrigerate overnight for best flavor tomorrow.

I'm thinking something lighter than stew now. Maybe fish wraps. Maybe I kind find a small zucchini to try out in the wraps.

Sam's club didn't happen today. I ended up making nut soup. It's the recipe for peanut soup from King's Arms Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg but I had an almost full jar of cashew butter from Trader Joe's that I subbed for most of the peanut butter. It's cooling on the stove now. When DH gets home, I'll pull out the sandwich grill and make up some turkey and cheese sandwiches.

Tamale night at my house. My husband buys tamales from a lady who sells to the businesses down town. All I need to do is add the beans and rice and we are all set.... Well, that and ice cream for desert. :)

I decided on snapper puttanesca. I'm going to cook it on the grill in a foil pouch and serve over penne pasta. I wish I had some ice cream...

Did I see someone is making pastitsio.. oh I'm so jealous.. a certain someone owes me a recipe... (Laurie) lol

Tonight I'm making my fiance's brothers greek tzatziki and risotto with tomato and basil.

Ham and scalloped potatoes in the crock-pot.

Mmmm... that sounds so good. Is it a shareable recipe?? I'm all about the crock pot lately!

Tamale night at my house. My husband buys tamales from a lady who sells to the businesses down town. All I need to do is add the beans and rice and we are all set.... Well, that and ice cream for desert. :)

Oh I just love tamales! Sounds wonderful.

We had tacos. Needed something easy since I got home at 6:00.

Dinner

Attachments

• snapper puttanesca.jpg
    snapper puttanesca.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 153
Italian Chicken Soup- Chopped Chicken Tenders, Wagon Wheel Pasta, Tomatoes, Celery, Carrots, Onions, Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Garlic, Garlic and Red Pepper seasoning, Rosemary, Red Pepper Flakes and topped off with Parmesan Cheese.:chef:

View attachment 11834

Last edited:
Dinner, and a new recipe. I love the nights that I am cooking for one, I get to experiment, and if it sucks no one knows, lol! Roasted chicken thighs with potatoes, carrots, garlic, and onions. After they have roasted for a bit, the chicken is coated with seasoned (real) maple syrup, and it is carmelized under the broiler. I haven't eaten yet, but dayum it smells and looks fantastically yummers!

Attachments

• IMG_1061.jpg
    IMG_1061.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 139
I pan roasted a pork tenderloin seasoned with a Weber seasoning blend and served it with a side of veggies.

Back
Top Bottom