Recipe Suggestion - Scallops and Prawns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amnesia180

Assistant Cook
Hi All,

I'm looking for some suggestions please.

I got some fresh cooked/peeled prawns and scallops from the Fishmonger yesterday afternoon and having them for my tea this evening.

I was thinking of steaming or cooking some rice (not sure if it's possible to just steam rice but it sounded nice in my head). I was thinking of doing a marie rose sauce for the prawns and just heating up the pan really hot and doing the scallops a minute on each side. A bit of assorted veg for the side and job done.

However, I don't know of any extra seasoning I could use, or how to make the marie rose sauce etc.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Amnesia

Sounds a lot like thousand island dressing.

I can get great scallops here, and love to sear them, then deglaze with dry sherry (sweeter if you like sweeter), cream, a a pinch of hot pepper flakes/powder, and some green peppercorns. I think the original recipe is from the Hotter than Hell cookbook, but I just wing it any more. I serve it over linguini, I think the original recipe served it on puff pastry shells, but really, any starch would do.

Sounds a lot like thousand island dressing.

I can get great scallops here, and love to sear them, then deglaze with dry sherry (sweeter if you like sweeter), cream, a a pinch of hot pepper flakes/powder, and some green peppercorns. I think the original recipe is from the Hotter than Hell cookbook, but I just wing it any more. I serve it over linguini, I think the original recipe served it on puff pastry shells, but really, any starch would do.
Sounds lovely Claire, I'll be trying that for sure! I love green peppercorns :)
Do you use the pickled ones or in brine?

The ones available to me are Reese brand in a brine, a Spanish import. If you can't find them, capers would be a good substitute. If you use dried, I'd recommend taking some of the sherry and soaking them over night.

The ones available to me are Reese brand in a brine, a Spanish import. If you can't find them, capers would be a good substitute. If you use dried, I'd recommend taking some of the sherry and soaking them over night.

Thank you :) We get them brined so I'll use the ones I normally buy. I think the brand is Mayfair.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom