ISO Vodka lemon thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Does anyone know what I am talking about? It is where you put lemons into vodka, and there is a bunch of sugar in there too. It makes a nice licquer (sp?) and I have seen it here before, but can't find it because I don't know its name. I think it is Italian?

Ahhh but this is the homemake version, not the original (do you buy that or am I just blowing smoke?).

I actually just did a quick google and I think what I was thinking of was Sorrento lemons, not Meyers lemons. OK actually the drink I was talking about was Limoni di Sorrento, which may or may not be different from Limoncello. Maybe annamaria can shed some light on this for me?

Here and Here are the links I was looking at.

Traditional lemoncello is with Sorrento lemons - which we can't get here. I bought some Sorrento Lemoncello at the ABC store - sweet but good in small doses - rim with sugar to help cut the "oh crap this stuff is strong" reaction :oops:

kitchenelf said:
sweet but good in small doses - rim with sugar to help cut the "oh crap this stuff is strong" reaction :oops:

LOL, amen, elfie! This stuff is not meant to be drunk by the tumblerful - I found out the hard way when there was nothing else to drink in the house one evening.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom