Pumpkin Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Pumpkin Soup

6 cups chicken stock
3 ½ cups cubed, fresh pumpkin
1 cup chopped onion
½ tsp chopped, fresh thyme
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup heavy cream

Bring first 5 ingredients to boil, reduce to low and simmer 30 minutes. Using immersion blender puree and simmer another 30 min. Remove from heat, stir in cream and serve. 8-10 servings

Serve with chipotle spiced roasted pumpkin seeds. Toss the roasted pumpkin seeds with a chipotle/paprika rub.

That sounds good. I make a similar one with chipotle puree.

I like the chipotle seed idea

Ooh. Will try this, PF.

You could get your chunks from the Punkin Chunkin yesterday!

Actually, my niece does something evil with this soup that I had never done before until she visited. She grates cheddar cheese (about a cup!) and throws it in near the end. OMG it is evil and delicious.

Ooh. Will try this, PF.

You could get your chunks from the Punkin Chunkin yesterday!

They were using little, icky pumpkins they looked like they had been left on the ground too long.

But, I think any of the winter squashes could be used.

Have mine on the stove now! I skipped the cream because we don't need it and I didn't have it. I reduced the stock to compensate. I am sure the other is better though. I also used some fresh sage with the thyme.

Have mine on the stove now! I skipped the cream because we don't need it and I didn't have it. I reduced the stock to compensate. I am sure the other is better though. I also used some fresh sage with the thyme.

I think stirring in some plain yogurt or sour cream would give it that small bit of dairy that smooths out the flavor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom