What's for Dinner Monday Oct 17/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Ugh, start of the week and its been a tough slog today. I'm going to put on a pot of either spaghetti sauce or chili for the family. A green salad to round it out and we're done.

I have some errands to run so I'll go buy some nice squishy buns to go with dinner.

Booooring! What's cooking for you all on the first day of the work week?

We'll be having scalloped potatoes and ham with a salad. I'll use the Cracker Barrel copycat recipe for their hashbrown casserole.

Well since you asked...

Dinner tonight will be a feta stuffed ground lamb burger with fresh mint and oregano cooked on the grill, along with corn on the cob and asparagus. Maybe a spud, too.

With SonIL here the last couple of days have been all screwed up. We were going to have burgers on the grill Saturday night and that didn't happen. Then we were going to have them last night. Again no go.

So tonight's dinner wil be burgers and cole slaw come hell or high water. And if it isn't I'm not going to tell you.

Tonight's menu was requested by my wife. She wants a repeat of AB's swiss steak, fried fresh okra and JOC White Bread+ recipe.

I'm all out of ideas. I'm so stuck. One kid is sick, the other likes carbs and pasta way too much. I'm on no-dairy, and the hubby is low carb. I'm thinking a protein and a salad. Oh man, and it is only Monday. Freezer dive?

Sliced meatloaf smothered in salsa and nuked then topped with some grated Colby/Jack cheese.

:huh: Who stole my mint?

I just pulled some frozen slices of smoked fatty out of the freezer to thaw a bit. I'll heat up some chunky red gravy from the other night and throw the sauce and the heated fatty slices on a big hunk of french bread with lots of cheese. I can't believe I have the fresh oregano in the crisper and not the mint. I know someone must have broken into my home to steal my mint... :wacko:

I'll have to copy and paste tonight's original dinner plans into tomorrow's thread I guess. Unless someone steals my oregano tomorrow when I am out buying more mint :rolleyes:

I'd FedEx you some mint, Pac, if there was time. Will be on the lookout for mint thieves.

Honeynut Cheerios here. Maybe some leftover pea soup. Work has tapped me out.

i'm thinking breakfast. cheese and pepper eggs, sausage and garlic bread. ice cream for dessert, if any. still not really hungry. been living on onion soup and it is all gone.

Reruns from last night.
B. Sprouts
Chive Orzo
Half of Chicken Sandwich

Basa with lemon pepper and garlic in the skillet with some rice and broccoli.... YUM.

MamaJT said:
Basa with lemon pepper and garlic in the skillet with some rice and broccoli.... YUM.

Welcome to DC, MamaJT! Looked up basa, it's related to swai and catfish, right?

Last edited:
Not real sure. I just know it's mild and has a great texture. I don't like fish that tastes fishy.... I know it's silly.

Last edited:
MamaJT said:
Not real sure. I just know it's mild and has a great texture. I don't like fish that tastes fishy.... I know it's silly.

I can't handle fishy fish either. I found swai/basa to be nice and mild. My research indicates they're farmed in rivers in Viet Nam, and extremely popular in France and other parts of Europe. We're just getting to know them here in the States.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom