Brittle anyone? TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Butter a rimmed cookie sheet Sprinkle with 1 cup of finely chopped walnuts. Shake the pan to even out the nuts Now combine 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup white vinegar, and 1/2 cup butter in a enameled saucepan bring to a boil over moderately high heat and pour hot candy over the walnut on the cookie sheet. Set aside to cool. Turn cookie sheet upside down flex the pan if necessary to remove candy. Break candy and nuts into bite sized pieces with a mallet on a bread board.Store in air tight container. enjoy
kades:yum:.

>> bring to a boil over moderately high heat and pour hot candy over <<

This just sounds too easy... hah! Don't you have to keep it at a controlled boil until it reaches a certain temperature?? My stepmother always used to make such a DEAL of it with her peanut brittle... "crack stage" I think it was 300º?? Dropping threads of the syrup into cold water, etc.

>> bring to a boil over moderately high heat and pour hot candy over <<

This just sounds too easy... hah! Don't you have to keep it at a controlled boil until it reaches a certain temperature?? My stepmother always used to make such a DEAL of it with her peanut brittle... "crack stage" I think it was 300º?? Dropping threads of the syrup into cold water, etc.
You've got to be kidding:LOL: Me my middle name is as easy as possible:LOL: Give this one a try and your middle name will be the same.
kades { as easy as possible}

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom