ISO Breakfast Bread Casserole Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGDean

Sous Chef
I have most of a loaf of somewhat dense bread with dried fruit in it. It has gone stale and I wanted to cube it and do some type of breakfast casserole with eggs in it. Does anyone have a recipe or suggestions on how to do it?

I have most of a loaf of somewhat dense bread with dried fruit in it. It has gone stale and I wanted to cube it and do some type of breakfast casserole with eggs in it. Does anyone have a recipe or suggestions on how to do it?

I'd brown up some ground sausage, mix with the diced bread and a couple of beaten eggs and bake in a casserole dish 350° for 30 minutes. Leftovers can be sliced and fried.:chef:

Last edited:
Smoked ham, a little sauted onion, small chunks of cheese.
Butter the pan, put in the bread cubes and layer in the ham, onions and cheese.
Top with a mixture of milk or cream, 2 cups, and 6 eggs, a small amount of dried mustard, S&P.
Leave overnight in the fridge and bake in the AM (if you like). 350 degrees F for about an hour.
Optionally: crush potato chips to top it off in the last few minutes of baking. Buttered crumbs or crackers would work well too.

This good but tastes better if held over night and then baked at 300 for1-1/2 hrs. place half of 2 cups bread cubes on a 1-1/2 qt casserole. layer half of cubed 1/2 lb. of sharp Cheddar, 1/2 of a half lb of cooked and crumbled bacon and half of 1`/4 cup of butter repeat layers .and then add 1/2 lb of whole button mushrooms on top. Beat 3 eggs with 2 cups of milk and 1 tea of Dijon and salt and pepper to taste.Pour over mixture Set casserole in pan of hot water and bake Remember this is better after sitting in frig over night before baking.
enjoy
kadesma

google french toast casserole.simple, i just don't know the measurements. should be good since your bread has fruit. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom