Smoky Cauliflower and Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Smoky Cauliflower and Sausage

1 Lb Cauliflower, 1 small head
½ Lb Sweet Italian Sausage
8 Oz Cream Cheese, softened
TT Salt and Pepper
4 Oz Smoked Gouda, thinly sliced

Preheat the oven to 350
° F.

Cut the cauliflower into florets and steam until tender. Mash with a potato masher, leaving small pieces for texture.

Remove the casings from the sausage, or use bulk, and cook in a fry pan breaking it into small pieces. Remove to paper towels.

Combine the cooked cauliflower, sausage and cream cheese in a bowl and season to taste.

Spread half the mixture in a 9”x9” (2-quart) baking dish or casserole.

Distribute half the cheese slices over the top.

Spread the remaining mixture on top followed by the remaining cheese slices.

Bake for 25-35 minutes until bubbling.

Wait a sec! *doing the bulletin board equivalent of a double-take* A cauliflower recipe from AM? There are only two conclusions...

It must be really, really delicious for Andy to put up with the cauliflower. Or, it's a warped recipe for a warped palate for this delicious vegetable. :)

Wait a sec! *doing the bulletin board equivalent of a double-take* A cauliflower recipe from AM? There are only two conclusions...

It must be really, really delicious for Andy to put up with the cauliflower. Or, it's a warped recipe for a warped palate for this delicious vegetable. :)

As I explained in another thread, SO was on a low carb kick and found this recipe for me to make. It's good because you can't taste the cauliflower. You can use other vegetables. If I was to make it for myself, I would use broccoli.

When we get a package in the mail that's packed with 'peanuts', we eat cheap for a week!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom