Atten: BACON lovers!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
:chef: TAAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAA......... announcing BACON JAM !!
How's come WE didn't think of it??

This would make great Christmas gifts, but I wonder who could give it away??

Imagine having this delectable sweet salty spread for your morning toast!!!!!!

Sigh.........

check it out:

Bacon Jam Recipe

now you're talkin', oh yesss, bacon jam! i will definitely be picking up some of that!:) i wonder what jam flavors there are....i think the reds and the darks will be particularly wonderful with the salty, smoky bacon....:)

Mmmm bacon.

Attachments

• Bacon Marmalede.jpg
    Bacon Marmalede.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 275
Im in Canada and I got it at Fortinos grocery store. Its a Presidents Choice product. And its great broiled on pork chops. A friend suggested using it on a baked Brie, I will be trying that next.

Im in Canada and I got it at Fortinos grocery store. Its a Presidents Choice product. And its great broiled on pork chops. A friend suggested using it on a baked Brie, I will be trying that next.

Holy cow!! I can just imagine it on baked Brie!!

By the way.......welcome to DC Slett.......good to have you.

Kayelle, you answered my prayers! Overstocked on Costco bacon, oven cooked 2 pounds and froze, and was left with 3 raw pounds.

Guess what I'm gonna make?

Last edited:
Those sound fabulous Bea!

Dawg, I won't be able to make it for a while, so be sure you let us know how it turns out ok?

The recipe actually makes my mouth water.:yum:

I'm out of cider vinegar, I think I'll try balsamic cut with regular vinegar.

There's a "bacon cookie" recipe on that site as well. Picked up two lb of bacon while in NY...I'm going to look for the PC bacon marmalade as well.

Kathleen said:
We need pictures and reviews!!!!

I'm on it, Kathleen!

I had just enough maple syrup, and made "instant" coffee with hot water to rinse out the maple syrup jug. The recipe didn't mention putting the Srirachi in with the coffee et al, but it was up there in the ingredient list, so I gave it a couple of T. As I mentioned, was out of cider vinegar, so I used the aformentioned balsamic with Heinz.

Now it has to simmer for 3-4 hours. Dang, I lead an exciting life...

image-3830618069.jpg

Last edited:
Kayelle said:
It could be just my imagination Dawg, but I think I can smell it simmering and it's giving me the vapors. It's practically obscene I tell ya.

It smells amazing, Kayelle! In another hour or so it will be buzzed in the FP, then go night night in the fridge, to continue cooking tomorrow. I'm glad I added the Srirachi when I did, the recipe wasn't clear.

I tasted a bit, very nice.

I saw Slett's post a couple days ago mentioning bacon marmalade and thought, "what the ..?" Dawg's recipe report is churning my stomach, but... it's bacon, it can't go wrong, right?

Back
Top Bottom