Dear Santa,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A big green egg??? You'd be the envy of all the neighborhood!!

All I want for Christmas is just a little ole' Nook.

Santa came a little early this year. My partner took me shopping last week to get my gifts, I got a Henkel's chef's knife and two All-Clad stainless steel saute pans. They're all so nice!

Sweet, CM!

We got iPhones. Well, DH got his through work, I bought mine. But I'm setting his up. I'm asking Santa for patience, as DH is a demanding client.

Last edited:
I am getting a new chair for sitting where I can read, knit, etc. My last one gave out from my boys sitting in it too hard. I don't understand where these boys came from. I am only 4'8" and my shortest child is 5'7".

it was all that lobster for dinner, addie.

actually, 5'7" is still pretty small, unless they're wide as a doorway.

i racked my brain for something i want, and it took me a while. there's really not much more i can want out of life except good health for my family, especially my parents. in that, i realize just how blessed i am.

but then i remembered i'd really like a meat grinder so i can make my own hamburger and sausage, and an outrigger and fishfinder for my canoe. :)

Well my mum got me Modern Warfare 3 for Christmas early. My grandma has bought me my favourite Coco Chanel perfume. And my dad and his gf got me a Berghaus winter jacket as a joint Christmas/Birthday present. My birthday is the 1st Jan so imagine how stressed my parents were this time of year back when I was younger! Hitting 20 this year...
For my birthday I think my mum is looking at getting me a kitten, also as a well done for getting back to work present. Just hope I get the time to spend with her. And my grandma is buying me a new knife and electric whisk.

And in return, I make them loads of my ever popular cheesecake! My grandma's been asking for some of my recipes lately and I showed her how I make my tomato soup. It was appreciated :)

Last edited:
it was all that lobster for dinner, addie.

actually, 5'7" is still pretty small, unless they're wide as a doorway.

But then i remembered i'd really like a meat grinder so i can make my own hamburger and sausage, and an outrigger and fishfinder for my canoe. :)

I have the grinder for my KA mixer. Use it all the time. This way I know what I am getting for ground meat. I also have the pasta maker. I got my mixer at an auction. It is the KA Classic and paid only $60 for it. It was brand new and still in the box with the KA tape on the top. Then I went and bought the two attachments for only $25.00 each. I hated the bowl that came with it. No handle. So I bought one with. Another $25.00 Then for this past Mother's Day, my youngest son got me the new Anniversary glass bowl. That was $60.00. I saw the prototype a few years back and fell in love with it. At first you couldn't buy the bowl separately. So I waited and sure enough it came down in price and was sold separately. I also got the swiper blade. You never have to stop and scrape down the bowl. That mixer is the workhorse for my kitchen.

buckytom said:
do they celebrate christmas earlier in england, kez? lol.

Haha they must do ;)
Na mum got me the game on release day as she knew how much I was after it and didn't see a point in waiting apparently.
The jacket was really needed as I didn't have a winter coat and it's really getting cold here.
I don't have the perfume yet, so that will be a Christmas day present haha!

We don't really do Christmas so much. This year I'll be spending the day with my mum and her husband. I'll be cooking some sort of non-traditional Christmas dinner and we'll probably watch some movies or something .

Back
Top Bottom