Hello from down under

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brilee

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I am Brilee and live in Melbourne, Australia. It is a very foodie city here so I love it. I love to cook, but would prefer if someone else did the food shopping for me, or if I could just open up my pantry, fridge or freezer and exactly what I need for a recipe would magically appear. I have a small veggie and herb garden, I love to bake and have just started getting into preserving and trying to make things from scratch such as pasta and breads. I look forward to checking out the forums and 'meeting' you all. :)

Welcome to DC! I always make a point of picking up staples when shopping. Having a well-stocked pantry means that you can "throw together" a recipe from the pantry, fridge, and freezer without having to go to the market. I juice limes/lemons/oranges/grapefruit when they are special so I always have some fresh juice (I freeze it in ice cube trays, pop the cubes a ziplock bag). I also save the bones from chicken, etc., and make stock and do the same. You can make great use of your veggie and herb garden by learning how to dehydrate/freeze/can stuff. Check out the various sub-forums. I hope you like it here. It is a fun place to spend time...but watch out for the Pie Cult...the mothership probably has enough fuel storage to land in your backyard....

Welcome to
DC. I can't stay too long, the Mothership is waiting for me. I am supposed to make a mac and cheese pies. But haven't felt up to speed for the past couple of days. Hopefully I will get it done today. I did make the mac and cheese yesterday. Just have to put the topping on it. I am also going to take out a double serving of beef stew and turn it into a couple of mini pies. I am not going to stay long on the Mothership. I just want to tell them to find you and do their work. :):):chef:

Last edited:
Before the MS can stop in the land down under, it has to swing by MN. It might take awhile to get to you, but if you cave and check the Pie Cult's forum, you'll get sucked into the vortex. I did, and I thought I had "red thread" as my backbone...apparently not...I have purple Crocs and Birkenstocks...

Before the MS can stop in the land down under, it has to swing by MN. It might take awhile to get to you, but if you cave and check the Pie Cult's forum, you'll get sucked into the vortex. I did, and I thought I had "red thread" as my backbone...apparently not...I have purple Crocs and Birkenstocks...

We have failed to tell her to go to the Breville Pie Maker. Why make her wait. Is there a full moon coming up soon? :ermm:

It seems I need to check out this pie mothership and see if I want to board ;). I find it very interesting the difference between pies around the world. To me, as an aussie I see a pie as a meat pie (we love those here), chicken and leek pie, and apple pie to name a few of my favourites. All the pies have bottom and top crusts, well the most popular ones do. But from the American cookbooks I have, I know there is a whole range of pies over that side of the world that I am yet to explore.

Thanks for all your welcomes :).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom