Music Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
I've grown fond of The Band Perry and the newest incarnation of Van Halen. Diamond Dave still has it.

I've listened to both albums and they're both pretty solid! :)

I heard something on the radio last night about Squeeze and The B-52's going out on tour this summer. Makes me feel 20-somenthing again!!!!

Music and I

Music and I are partners since my 1st transitor radio, my parents had given me for Christmas when I was a wee toddler. So, the collection is enormous. We are very diversified in music. We love music and we love music in all languages too.

Depending on time of day, mood, activity etcetra; I enjoy Billie Holiday, Brazilian Jazz, The 4 Seasons, The 4 Tops, The Temptations, Sly and the Family Stone, Barry White, The Supremes, Michael Jackson and the 5, Michael Jackson and the Story of Motown, The Gypsy Kings, Flamenco, Fado ( Portuguese ), Il Divo, Pavoratti, Placido Domingo, The Doors, Carlos Santana, Daniella Romo, Manuel Manjares, Julio Iglesias, José José, Kool and the Gang, Bruce Springsteen ( The Boss ), The Beatles, The Stones, Thelma Houston, Whitney Houston, Film Scores, The Best of Broadway and London Theatre, Marisol, Rocio Ducal, Rocio Jurado, Shirley Bassey, Nina Simone, Manolo Escobar, Gloria Gaynor; the 50s ( Elvis ), the 60s, 70s, 80s and numerous others ...

M.C.

I heard something on the radio last night about Squeeze and The B-52's going out on tour this summer. Makes me feel 20-somenthing again!!!!
I've seen both in the last couple years. They haven't lost a thing since their heyday.

A lot of these 70s & 80s acts have been resurfacing lately. Last year alone, my wife and I saw INXS, Stevie Nicks, Chicago, and Berlin. Though Michael Hutchence is long gone, the INXS concert was still probably one of the best I've seen in a long while.

I've seen both in the last couple years. They haven't lost a thing since their heyday.

A lot of these 70s & 80s acts have been resurfacing lately. Last year alone, my wife and I saw INXS, Stevie Nicks, Chicago, and Berlin. Though Michael Hutchence is long gone, the INXS concert was still probably one of the best I've seen in a long while.

Have you seen the "fashion" some kids are all about now too? Every generation does repeat itself, but I wasn't anticipating the 80's to come back around that fast.

Already a few threads like this kicking around. . .

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/what-kind-of-music-do-you-listen-to-75526.html

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/what-are-you-listening-to-74650.html

and more.

I was pretty stoked to hear of D.L.Roth frionting VanHalen again, I wasn't too big a fan of Van Hagar, or Sammys Chicken Foot project.

He does have a decent line of tequila though.

I figured they were around, I just couldn't find them. Mostly because I'm lazy, I guess. :rolleyes:

I'll finish up by saying that "Tattoo" was kind of a weak first release but the rest of the albums rocks out!

And I like Sammy just fine but mostly when he's just Sammy.

Music is near and dear to my heart. Right now I am watching Steve Martin jam on the banjo on Austin City Limits. I think he is one of the most talented people on this Earth.

Here is a song I have been listening to lately. I just discovered this group and have had this song stuck in my head since.

CRYSTAL FIGHTERS - PLAGE (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

Music is near and dear to my heart. Right now I am watching Steve Martin jam on the banjo on Austin City Limits. I think he is one of the most talented people on this Earth.

Here is a song I have been listening to lately. I just discovered this group and have had this song stuck in my head since.

CRYSTAL FIGHTERS - PLAGE (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

sweet. i like this, gb. the song with its driving beat is contagious and catchy--very upbeat and imminently danceable. i'll be looking up your crystal fighters to see what else they are up to. thanks for sharing....:)

i always listen to any music you are putting out there--it's always something very compelling or unique. sinnerman is gospel i can listen to, with it's jazzy rhythms, and nina simone is always worth a listen, anyway. thanks, pf. keep them coming....:)

Thanks Vit!

It's often a case of liking whatever music is playing...I love most of it.

Some stuff on my shelf - includes gifts from my adventurous kids:

Laurie Anderson, Nigel Kennedy, The Band, Tom Petty, Brian Eno, Philip Glass, Pavarotti, Talking Heads, The Bulgarian Women's Choir, King Sunny Ade, Robyn Hitchcock, The Pogues

oh tin, you're so good for jogging sweet music memories from my past...laurie anderson's big science reminds me how much i loved kate bush's sound too--in hounds of love, with running up that hill and big sky. sometime in the 80s i think it was, remember? they were contemporary sisters in music....

I was pretty stoked to hear of D.L.Roth frionting VanHalen again, I wasn't too big a fan of Van Hagar, or Sammys Chicken Foot project.

He does have a decent line of tequila though.

I totally agree on the DLR/Hagar issue.

Haven't tried Sammy's Tequila. Have you had a chance to sample Dan Ackroyd's Crystal Head Vodka?

landing-bottle.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom