Pickles!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know about the 'great' category, but here is one from my file:

Beer-Batter Fried Pickles

Serve this Alabama-original, fried pickles, at your next barbecue for a fun twist on a favorite condiment.

Servings: 8

32 ounces dill pickle sandwich slices -- drained
1 large egg
12 ounces beer
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Vegetable oil
Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce

1. Pat pickles dry with paper towels.

2. Whisk together egg and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add 1 1/2 cups flour, and whisk until smooth.

3. Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches into a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 375°.

4. Dip pickle slices into batter, allowing excess batter to drip off. Fry pickles, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Drain and pat dry on paper towels; serve immediately with Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce.

5. Note: For testing purposes only, we used Vlasic Kosher Dill Stackers.

Source: MyRecipes
Beer-Batter Fried Pickles Recipe | MyRecipes.com

Yeah. Just one! DRINK THE JUICE! Or give it to me. I wil drink it. It is the only reason I buy pickles. :chef:

I'm a pickle juice drinker too, but I prefer it frozen, using a child's Popsicle mold for quick turn around, but you have to experiment on pickle brands for the best you like. They are not equal. One of my favorites is Mt.Olive juice from the snack paks and I even use the empty (except for juice) container, cut a slit in the lid to hold a small stick upright, and freeze.

My favorite snack is Polish Pickle Spear, wrapped in a slice of Hard Salami...

I also love Rinds Rouladen, a thin sliced beef roll stuffed with mushrooms, onion etc. with a pickle inside, cooked in brown gravy... my friends doughted me on this one, but all ask for it now!

Eric, Austin Tx.

Here's another recipe I found using pickles:

Tuna and Egg Salad Divine

Servings: 2

2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water
2 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
1 Tbs Miracle Whip®
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
2 Tbs dill pickles, finely diced
salt and pepper

1. Drain water out of your tuna cans, and dump into a medium bowl.

2. Add remaining ingredients and stir.

3. Serve on your favorite bread, or add a slice of cheese and make a tuna melt.

Back
Top Bottom