What a crazy year.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
first my mother got sick, then 2 weeks ago one of my uncles past away, and i just found out that mu other uncle past away last morning. I loved him so much, he was such a nice man.

So sorry for your losses Charlie. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

i hope your mother is doing better.

Aw Charlie, I'm so sorry to read that. My condolences for your losses. And as Andy wrote, I hope your mother is doing better.

Charlie, you have my deepest condolences. I hope your mother is doing better. I will give you the advice so many have been giving me lately. Be good to yourself in this tough time. And DC is a wonderful place to be in times of sorrow. Take care. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I'm so sorry to hear this Charlie. As the others said, I hope your mother is doing well. You and your family are in my prayers.

Oh, Charlie, that's rough. My deepest sympathies. I, too, hope your mom is doing better.

Thank you, thank you everybody. He was such a jem of a man. I will fly for his funeral tomorow.

So sorry for your losses and difficulties this past year. Take care of yourself and hold the memories of your loved ones close to your heart. They will always be in your heart and in your soul. With spring coming to MN, I hope your mom is on the mend.

My thoughts are with you, Charlie. Last year was my ".. Crazy Year." You have my prayers. What got me through the rough times of last year... cooking and coming on this site. I don't take as many pictures as I used to, but I still have fun cooking. It really helped me, but I'm weird. Stay strong. Like Bolas said, "Spring is on it's way!" I saw quite a few robins yesterday. That is a sure sign that Spring is around the corner!

My thoughts are with you. I had a "crazy year" the year my husband retired from the Army (against my wishes). We moved to Florida, which I never liked, built a house, my grandmother, mother-in-law and a good friend died, one of my sisters and my best friend married (not to each other! To men!). I found myself trying to build a house (not literally, just making the choices), not being able to go to Gran's funeral (we were in FL, she was buried in NH), so I took on all of the family's dogs, at the ripe old age of 40, trying to select and make bridesmaids' gowns, traveling to California for a wedding when we really hadn't settled into our new home yet .... well, it all took place over an 18 month period, but it seems like it was three or four years!

Last year was mine, as well. Quitting smoking, having a heart attack and freaking out any time I had any type of chest pain. Family troubles and the death of one of my nephews. Shrek's Bladder cancer...Not a good year at all. DC, and my friends here, was a lifeline.

This year has been much better.

Back
Top Bottom