Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right? I don't have kids but every phrase spoken in that video still rings in my ears. If a parent has said those words to their child then they're doing or have done their job.

Thumbs way up!!!!!

Do any of you remember the yellow Golden kids records? My kids had several and Head Shoulders was one of them. They loved that record. Played it to death. :angel::angel:

those must have been wax cylinders, addie. :innocent:

just kidding.

i remember golden kids books, but not the records.

in fact, i have a load of childrens' books that i need to donate somewhere. from baby picture books, to first readers, and so on.

lol, most of the baby and golden books are unchewed.

i'm going to have a hard time giving them to just anybody, though. i have such a strong, sentimental attachment to them. i was the one who sat my baby boy on my lap and read to him when he was just able to do so, right through kindergarten.

dw has taken over his school education from there, for the most part.

i used to work a double shift every saturday back then when i worked mostly dayshifts, and would take my dinner hour to rush home like a madman from the city at around 7pm, give him his bath, then read to him until he fell asleep. then drive like a crazed bostonian back into the city before anyone knew where i was.

i didn;t want my job to interfere with even one day of his life.

i don't regret a minute of it, but whomever gets these books, i pray, at least feels the same for their child.

Last edited:
those must have been wax cylinders, addie. :innocent:

just kidding.

i remember golden kids books, but not the records.

in fact, i have a load of childrens' books that i need to donate somewhere. from baby picture books, to first readers, and so on.

lol, most of the baby and golden books are unchewed.

i'm going to have a hard time giving them to just anybody, though. i have such a strong, sentimental attachment to them. i was the one who sat my baby boy on my lap and read to him when he was just able to do so, right through kindergarten.

dw has taken over his school education from there, for the most part.

i used to work a double shift every saturday back then when i worked mostly dayshifts, and would take my dinner hour to rush home like a madman from the city at around 7pm, give him his bath, then read to him until he fell asleep. then drive like a crazed bostonian back into the city before anyone knew where i was.

i don't regret a minute of it, but whomever gets these books, i pray, at least feels the same for their child.

Yup, I was right there sitting next to Edison when he recorded Mary had a little lamb. I wanted him to record something from "The Ring" but he couldn't sing opera.

Your son is so fortunate to have you for a Dad! :angel:

img_1263321_0_eec9f85cb4e6f1a64cef1c35a1a96771.jpg

I remember that :)

You should box up those books and put them in the attic or basement. Then surprise your son with them when he has a child. My grandmother sent me a box of my mother's books when I was in second grade. I loved them.

I remember that :)

You should box up those books and put them in the attic or basement. Then surprise your son with them when he has a child. My grandmother sent me a box of my mother's books when I was in second grade. I loved them.

Great idea GG. You can bet his son will read them to his children also. He wil always remember his father reading to him and what it meant to him. He will want to pass that on to bt's grandchild. My youngest son still remembers lines of the book Amelia Bedelia. He loved that book. Of course I had to read it a thousands times to him. :angel:

B. Tom,
Save some of those books at your house to read to your grandkids yourself. I have some here, and the boys love it that the book used to belong to Daddy and Uncle. It brings back great memories for me, and makes new ones too. It also gives you the chance to share stories with the grandkids. My seven year old grandson said that he will bring his kid here some day so I can read to him too. :)

Back
Top Bottom