Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Confession time. Whenever I see a thread with a title like, "Can I..." (eg. "Can I use walnuts instead of peanuts," "Can I fry this instead of baking it," "Can I leave out the milk?") I get this strange urge to respond with, "It's ok with me. Go right ahead." :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Confession time. Whenever I see a thread with a title like, "Can I..." (eg. "Can I use walnuts instead of peanuts," "Can I fry this instead of baking it," "Can I leave out the milk?") I get this strange urge to respond with, "It's ok with me. Go right ahead." :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I understand. Your evil twin wants to come out. :LOL:

Yes, her name is Addie. :D Just kidding of course! No, I will have to ask her the next time I sense her presence!

Has there ever been a time when you wanted to say something nasty to a person and didn't have the nerve? Ask me to do it. I will do it with pleasure. I will gladly be your evil twin sister. :devilish:

I used to call my second husband Charlie Brown. It never dawned on him that Charlie was always a loser. He just thought it was cute and told everyone that it was my pet name for him. But I always said it with a smile. I didn't want him to think I was being rude. :angel:

Has there ever been a time when you wanted to say something nasty to a person and didn't have the nerve? Ask me to do it. I will do it with pleasure. I will gladly be your evil twin sister. :devilish:

I used to call my second husband Charlie Brown. It never dawned on him that Charlie was always a loser. He just thought it was cute and told everyone that it was my pet name for him. But I always said it with a smile. I didn't want him to think I was being rude. :angel:
I had a little chat with her and I found out that her name indeed is Addie McBaddie! :angel:

I had a little chat with her and I found out that her name indeed is Addie McBaddie! :angel:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I like the name. Suits me to a T. I am a smoker. My next door neighbor is going crazy. I am supposed to be on oxygen. So the man came and even before he knocked on my door to deliver the oxygen stuff, he stuck a sign on my door about there being oxygen in my apartment. No smoking, no open flame, etc. I didn't even let him bring the equipment into my apartment. but I told him to leave the sign there. So he left with the equipment. Now the old biddie next door thinks I am now smoking with oxygen in my apartment. Every day she goes down to the office to complain. Since it is a medical problem, the manager can't say much without violating my medical confidentiality. She just tells her she has made a note of it and will take care of it. That is all she is allowed to say in this State. She is afraid to confront me. I already had a big blowup with her last year and she thought for sure I was going to hit her. She complains to anyone who will listen to her. Now she has the whole building thinking that I am smoking with oxygen in my apartment and I will have a fire some day. I just want you to know I am enjoying every minute of this affair. I walk around with a smile on my face. There are a couple of folks who know the truth, but they won't tell her. They just say it is a medical thing and they shouldn't be talking about my medical ailments. It is private information.

I think of the sign as a decoration. She has a cross on her door with a wreath. I have a scary sign. To each his own. :angel:

Addie said:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I like the name. Suits me to a T. I am a smoker. My next door neighbor is going crazy. I am supposed to be on oxygen. So the man came and even before he knocked on my door to deliver the oxygen stuff, he stuck a sign on my door about there being oxygen in my apartment. No smoking, no open flame, etc. I didn't even let him bring the equipment into my apartment. but I told him to leave the sign there. So he left with the equipment. Now the old biddie next door thinks I am now smoking with oxygen in my apartment. Every day she goes down to the office to complain. Since it is a medical problem, the manager can't say much without violating my medical confidentiality. She just tells her she has made a note of it and will take care of it. That is all she is allowed to say in this State. She is afraid to confront me. I already had a big blowup with her last year and she thought for sure I was going to hit her. She complains to anyone who will listen to her. Now she has the whole building thinking that I am smoking with oxygen in my apartment and I will have a fire some day. I just want you to know I am enjoying every minute of this affair. I walk around with a smile on my face. There are a couple of folks who know the truth, but they won't tell her. They just say it is a medical thing and they shouldn't be talking about my medical ailments. It is private information.

I think of the sign as a decoration. She has a cross on her door with a wreath. I have a scary sign. To each his own. :angel:

You have a very interesting sense of humor lol.

Addie your post made me think of this quote from Teddy Roosevelt's daughter. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me. ~Alice Roosevelt Longworth

[/FONT]

Addie your post made me think of this quote from Teddy Roosevelt's daughter. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me. ~Alice Roosevelt Longworth[/FONT]

Good one. I like that. I know a couple of women in this building it fits to a T. :rolleyes:

Here in the South, we say "Bless your heart." It achieves the same end.

Whenever someone is being a jerk, someone in the crowd will almost always say, "Well, bless your heart.":rolleyes:

All I can do is giggle because I know what's behind the remark.

At our house my Mother or my Grandmother would always smile and say " Oh she means well." That phrase has become a joke in our family!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom