Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Differences-Between-Men-and-Women-9.jpg

My DH doesn't even discriminate that much between colours. Well, he has an excuse. He's more or less colour blind. So, to him there's brown, yellow, blue, and grey, if I remember correctly.

I'm sitting here, tears rolling down my cheeks, laughing so hard DH comes over to see what's so funny...

He doesn't get it! :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm surprised that the guy's side differentiates between pink, violet, and red. To Himself, pink IS red, and the violets would get divided up between red or blue, depending on which one was closer. SEEING color isn't a problem. Describing? That's a whole 'nuther game. :LOL: Like me trying to describe something technical like computers or electricity...

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm surprised that the guy's side differentiates between pink, violet, and red. To Himself, pink IS red, and the violets would get divided up between red or blue, depending on which one was closer. SEEING color isn't a problem. Describing? That's a whole 'nuther game. [emoji38] Like me trying to describe something technical like computers or electricity...
When I was in high school, I worked for a time at a men's clothing store. I was instructed on the first day not to describe certain shirts as pink but as rose, because men will not buy or wear pink shirts [emoji38]

That was obviously a long time ago :ROFLMAO:

DH will wear red or purple shirts, but not pink/rose ? ;)

On the other hand, Kayelle, folks who are born near the ocean don't understand how the rest of us can actually love being inland. I know I'm not a city mouse and would never want to live in The City, but I loved living in our outlying suburb in Ohio. Big lots, farmland still in that suburb, but real farms about a half-hour away...as was the Lake. Lake Erie isn't an ocean, but I can't see Canada so it was always good enough for me. :LOL: Besides, I hateHateHate the sticky feeling you get from being in salt water. I'd rather walk along a beach on a freshwater body of water and smell the country air.

Oh oh, I see an issue rising up here... fresh water versus salt water... :ermm: :LOL:

Last edited:
I've lived on the West Coast since 1975 and I can count on one hand the number of times I've even waded in the ocean. There's just too many things living out there that would like me for dinner, so I admire the water at a distance.

I've lived on the West Coast since 1975 and I can count on one hand the number of times I've even waded in the ocean. There's just too many things living out there that would like me for dinner, so I admire the water at a distance.

It was low tide just before sunset. I waded into the water and surrounding my feet were thousands upon thousands of minnows. Really to small to even think of taking any home if I had a pail to scoop them up. But I could feel them on my feet and swimming past my ankles.

That is the only time I have ever seen any creature of the ocean so close to shore. Although shrimp will come in to shore in the spring when the water starts to warm up. They come in to shed off their shell and develop a bigger one. Lobsters do the same thing.

Decades ago, before marriage, I would visit my best friend/future SIL and her hubby in Dayton. They were part of a SCUBA diving club in the area, and a bunch of us went over to a quarry in Cedarville, OH that allowed diving and swimming at the time. They have since closed the quarry to the public. I had a great time that day, sitting on one of the ledges at the edge of the water, immersed up to my neck and surrounded by the small fish (trout?) that darted around and came right up to everyone. If I opened my hand palm-up under the water, some of the fish would come and rest on my palm. It was facinating! Except for swims out-and-back to the floating deck about 100 feet from "shore", I sat on the ledges dangling my feet and watching the fish all day long. So much fun...until I got up the next day and saw I looked like a lobster! :ohmy: My poor skin felt like I had spent some time in a pot of boiling water, too. I got over the sunburn and, fortunately don't seem to have any ill effects ages later, but I'll never forget how much fun those fish were.

CG, I feel that anytime you can get close up to nature and all the wonder it holds, than that make you a winner. Aside from the sunburn, you now have some wonderful memories.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom