Micowave cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfishcore

Assistant Cook
Recently I learned about all the dishes that can be cooked in the microwave. I'm going to try fish next. Has anyone tried fish in the microwave and is there any tips to help? Thanks.

Fish filets are really easy in the microwave. Just place on a plate top with pats of butter and sprinkle some dill on top.

Thanks. Should I seal in wax paper or something else?

You can do en paupiette. Just make a parchment round, fish filet, slice of lemon, s+p, sprig of thyme, pat of butter, some baby carrots, pearl onions, and maybe a splash of white wine, seal ( fold the round over, and roll the edges) and nuke.

Last edited:
Recently I learned about all the dishes that can be cooked in the microwave. I'm going to try fish next. Has anyone tried fish in the microwave and is there any tips to help? Thanks.

Fish cooks very quickly. First, I would check out the literature that came with your model. I would place the fish in a glass or microwaveable dish, squeeze some fresh lemon or lime juice over the top, and add fresh herbs of choice, and some thin slices of lemon or lime. Cover the dish loosely with wax paper. You are essentially steaming the fish. Start at 50% power for a few minutes. Lift the waxed paper (don't use foil), check, and rotate the dish. Rearrange, the fish, and cook another minute or two on low.

Last edited:
microwave power is the most expensive power, plus it may not be terribly healthy. i don't encourage its use it in our house.

Use fish of, or trim to, even thickness. Most market cuts are thick in the loin, tapering to thin in the belly. Tricky to cook both evenly in microwave without insulation like a sauce or steam. For many fish, baking and broiling in an oven doesn't take that much longer...

Back
Top Bottom