Dinner Friday 04-20-12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
So who is having Spaghetti? LOL

I will have Cold Turkey in some fashion before I slice the rest and freeze.

Spaghetti, maybe on Saturday.....

I made up some Chicken Verde with Avocado Mini Pies. Along with a green salad and Salsa Verde Vinaigrette, should taste good when I get home.

Meze = assorted appetisers, antipasti ... Broiled eggplant slices with goat cheese ...

The Cous Cous Salad with shrimp I had posted ...

Crusty bread, Prosecco, Italian white sparkling wine ...

Have nice weekend.
Margi.

Last edited:
Haven't got much time for cooking. The leftover meatloaf has no appeal. Maybe I should make some stew. It's rainy today.

I'm having the teriyaki/pineapple drumsticks I didn't have yesterday. I ate the other half of the Sally's Buried Steak instead.

I don't know exactly except it will involve pork in some form! Starch will be potato as we have had a lot of rice and pasta (still rotating foods every four days!).

If I can get to the mall to exchange my defective pizza stone, I'll make pizza tonight.

SO wants Margarita pizza and I have to mozz, basil and plum tomatoes on hand.

Leftover chinese for me, but I may make some crispy fried prawns to go with (in a spicy asian sauce) for an appetizer or side.

The plan is:

Strawberry Basil Sangria (posted in Beverages - It Tastes Like Spring)
Portabella caps stuffed with diced tomatos, mozzarella & basil or Italian seasoning - over baguette slices
Penne Primavera (if I can find a good recipe)

Another night of eating out for me. Tonight will be at the mall in the food court. Every other Friday night the Deaf community gets together there and I hope to catch up with some friends and make some new contacts to help me with my new job.

I had the teriyaki drumsticks for lunch, so dinner will be meatloaf with Pepperidge Farm Herb stuffing as the filler.

Well you guys all ran off and left me all alond holding the linguine box so I'll make pasta for me and DH sniff, sniff:LOL: Top with brown butter and mazithra cheese , salad, peas and mushrooms bread with butter. dessert Ice cream sandwiches.

Happy 420 to you and yours. We should be having a cheetos, snickers candy bars and ice cream kind of day. :cool:

I am being good and pan searing a pork chop and will serve it with smashed potatoes ( with the skins on) and a green salad / red vinegar/dijon dressing.

But Wait !! There is chocolate ice cream. I think I will eat it right out of the carton today-- like almost every time. Lol.

Whiskadoodle said:
Happy 420 to you and yours. We should be having a cheetos, snickers candy bars and ice cream kind of day. :cool:

I am being good and pan searing a pork chop and will serve it with smashed potatoes ( with the skins on) and a green salad / red vinegar/dijon dressing.

But Wait !! There is chocolate ice cream. I think I will eat it right out of the carton today-- like almost every time. Lol.

ROFL!

And happy 420 to you and yours too, WD! DH and I just had this conversation. The only way I knew about 420 was because some of my former students proudly proclaimed it years ago, and 'splained. DH had never heard of the reference till today. We looked it up on Wikipedia. Look up Four Twenty. Funny, we're both children of the 60’s and 70’s.

We're going out for Thai.

Last edited:
I had Panko crusted Pacific red snapper with Asiago cheese Tortelloni and sliced tomatoes. Steve doesn't like fish very much and since he's out of town it was a perfect night to enjoy this.

img_1130736_0_b48a285c37fd06e3b48de638d4bbc783.jpg

Back
Top Bottom