Little Buggers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
So yesterday I picked up a bag of steamers. I put them in the suacepan to clean their shells and get rid of the dirt and sand that is on them. I lift the lid and those little buggeres started to spit at me. Well, at least I knew they were alive and healthy. :ohmy:

I would punish them by steaming them to death and eating them. You have to make an example of them so other mussels don't think they can take advantage of you.

I would punish them by steaming them to death and eating them. You have to make an example of them so other mussels don't think they can take advantage of you.

That is exactly what I did. I dipped them in the broth and then into a pool of melted butter. I steamed them in a pot of water seasoned with plenty of sea salt. They went down with great pleasure. That will teach those thole little buggers. I just might go out and get some of their cousins and do it all over again.

I had them sitting in a big bowl of heavily seasoned sea salt water to cleanse them overnight. I bet they thought they were going back home.

I got lucky. Not one of them was dead. They were from Maine. :cool:

Make a necklace of their shells and wear it the next time you go to the fish market. Mussels won't bother you again.

Make a necklace of their shells and wear it the next time you go to the fish market. Mussels won't bother you again.
or string 'em round the brim of your hat like the aussies do with corks to keep the flies away.....hold that look girl:ROFLMAO:!

Then I can tell them I am the wife of the Chieftan on a Pacific island. A bra made from coconut shells will complete the outfit. :angel:

Then I can tell them I am the wife of the Chieftan on a Pacific island. A bra made from coconut shells will complete the outfit. :angel:
just don't forget the hula hula skirt or it might be a different type of mussel that you attract.............;):LOL:!!

Back
Top Bottom