ISO TNT Ribollita Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cerise

Washing Up
Last night I watched "Around the World in 80 Plates." The cooks/chefs faced a challenge of making the dish in Italy. The Italian judges seemed put off when prosciutto or pancetta was added to this vegetable soup. Anyone have a TNT recipe? TIA

Cerise: Tuscan Vegetarian Bean Soup

Cerise, Buonasera,

This is a designation of origin Tuscan vegetarian bean soup.

There are several recipes available on line ( sorry I have never made it ):

www.cocinaitaliana.eu

Taking proscuitto di parma or Iberian Air Dried Ham and slicing into strips and garnishing traditional Lent Dishes, is frowned upon !

ciao,
Margi. :chef:

Cerise,

I had thought about your comments and expressions of the Judges; and perhaps, due to the recipe I had across last night in an old Italian Book of my Grandmom´s; the Tuscans during the Inquisition prepared the broth with a Ham Hock ...

Thus, if it was prepared during the Inquisition with a Ham Hock, then, the Cooks, may have prepared it with too much salt by placing a garnish of Proscuitto di Parma possibly ... Or why the negative expressions ?

It was also prepared without the ham hock during Lent ...

I do have a Ham Hock traditional recipe for it, and if you wish, I shall translate the Italian into English over the wkend. and post it for you.

Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Last edited:
Last night I watched "Around the World in 80 Plates." The cooks/chefs faced a challenge of making the dish in Italy. The Italian judges seemed put off when prosciutto or pancetta was added to this vegetable soup. Anyone have a TNT recipe? TIA

After enjoying ribollita in Italy years ago I tried a lot of recipes in an attempt to recreate it. This one is the closest to the soup I had in Italy.

Lidia's Italy: Recipes: Tuscan Twice-Boiled Soup

After enjoying ribollita in Italy years ago I tried a lot of recipes in an attempt to recreate it. This one is the closest to the soup I had in Italy.

Lidia's Italy: Recipes: Tuscan Twice-Boiled Soup

Perfect! Just what I was looking for. Thank you, jennyema. :chef:

Here are some pics of the dishes (ribollita, grape granita & wild boar meatballs) that caught my eye:

Around the World in 80 Plates Season 1 - Ribollita or Fib-ollita? - Photo Gallery - Bravo TV Official Site

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom