Not a roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
But this T-Bone was about the size of one. My daughter said she saw this in the store and it mad Pop written all over it. Well I had no choice but mix up my favorite marinade and fire a chimney of charcoal. I did some chicken breasts and shrimp while I was at it. Got half this thing left for steak and eggs in the morning.

img_1149993_0_219bc43069e5187da6af74f30b71e452.jpg

How'd you get that delicious looking burnt crust on the outside of the steak? The skewed shrimp in the backround looks good to go as well. Shrimp and steak and baked potato, mmmm.

Last edited:
wow, nicely done!

is the bark savoury or sweet?

Savory

How'd you get that delicious looking burnt crust on the outside of the steak? The skewed shrimp in the backround looks good to go as well. Shrimp and steak and baked potato, mmmm.

The crust is from my marinade.

For one steak
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 Teaspoons Montreal Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Espresso Powder( extra fine ground coffee )
Mix the ingredients and rub on both sides and let sit for at least 1 hour, more is better.

There is a joint in Amarillo Tx. called big Tex or something..

They serve a 64 oz. steak, with a side salad, tater, and shrimp cocktail..

it's like 70 us $, but if you can eat the whole thing, it's free!

The food there is very good and I highly recommend the place..

I only saw one kid who ate the whole thing.. he's a Korean boy (weight lifter) and dates my lovely niece!

Eric.

what is in montreal seasoning?
From Wikipedia:

"Montreal steak seasoning, also known as Montreal steak spice, Canadian steak seasoning or Canadian steak spice is a spice mix used to flavor steak and grilled meats that was based on the pickling dry-rub mix used in preparing Montreal smoked meat.[1] The smoked meat seasoning itself was descended from pickling mixes used in Eastern Europe or Romanian Jewish cuisine. The primary constituents of Montreal steak seasoning including garlic, coriander, black pepper, red pepper flakes, dill seed, and salt.[2][3] The spice mix recipe varies slightly among restaurants and manufacturers.
History

"The Montreal deli Schwartz's is credited with the creation of Montreal steak seasoning. The story of its creation is that a Schwartz's broilerman by the name of Morris "The Shadow" Sherman, during the 1940s and 1950s began adding the deli's smoked meat pickling spices to his own rib and liver steaks. Soon the customers began asking for the same. Due to its popularity, it eventually became a norm in Montreal delis and steakhouses to spice their steaks similarly."

That sounds about right. We get some good restaurant steak, here in Montréal.

:yum: Gonna have to crank the Egg upto 700-750 and give that a sizzle!;)

Back
Top Bottom