Cheesecake Squares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aunt Bea

Master Chef
[FONT=&quot]This recipe is from a 1976 church cookbook. I made it for the 4th and I thought I would pass it along. It is quick to make and fairly inexpensive for a cheesecake reci[/FONT][FONT=&quot]pe.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
It is a dessert but, I like to serve it for brunch with black coffee and a dish of fresh fruit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
I hope you will give it a try!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cheesecake Squares[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Crust and topping[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/3 cup butter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/3 cup brown sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 cup AP flour[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]½ cup chopped walnuts[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Filling[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 ounce cream cheese[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 FRESH egg[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 T milk[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 T lemon juice[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]½ t vanilla[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine butter, brown sugar and flour using a pastry blender until it makes a crumbly mixture, add walnuts. Reserve one cup of the mixture for the topping. Press remaining mixture into the bottom of an 8 X 8 pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. While the crust is baking beat together the filling ingredients until smooth and creamy. When the crust comes out of the oven spread the filling mixture over the crust and top with reserved crumbs. Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator uncovered and chill. Remove from refrigerator and cut into serving size pieces, cover and return to the refrigerator.[/FONT]

Aunt Bea: Sounds lovely; however, what is AP ?

Buon Giorno Aunt Bea,

Hope you have had a lovely 4th.

Your recipe sounds delightful.

Just one question, what is AP ? All Purpose !

I just realised ... how silly of me !

I dislike abbreviations ... It gets complex, as I am on the Mediterranean ... across the mighty Blue Pond ...

Thanks for sharing.

Ciao, Margaux Cintrano.;)

Last edited:
That looks like a good simple dessert, something that you could toss together quick if you were expecting company, this and the fruit that you suggested would make a nice dessert.

Back
Top Bottom