Where for your Honeymoon or 2nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
Buonasera, Buenas Tardes, Ladies and Gentlemen,

;) :cool: Firstly, I was married very young and was pregnant ... However, after my 1st daughter Naia was born, we all went to Venice in the month of May ... The allure of Italia, has always been in my blood.

Then, after my 2nd daughter Nathalia was born, the following year, we decided on No More ...

A couple of years later, we travelled again through Italia and this had been my 3rd trip to Italia. My 1st trip to Italia was with my parents and Grandmom for my 16th Birthday. Florence and Milano.

Since then, we travel yearly to relax and enjoy our epicurean escapadas ...

Look forward to the wonderful stories and humorous anecdotes.

Kind regards.
Margaux Cintrano.

Last edited:
Bill and Dawgluver,

Thanks so much for your feedback ...

1) Dawg: Kaui, Hawaii is a paradise. We stayed at the Sheraton on Popu Beach many years ago when we were living in San Francisco, California.

2) Bill: No matter how many times I go to Italia, there is always a novel place or venue to discover ...

Have a nice wkend.
Ciao, Margaux.

I went to work.

We married with just two witnesses, had a knees up in the pub and both went back to work after the weekend.

Romantic I am.

We decided to be corny and had our honeymoon in Niagara Falls. I had stopped at the Falls for an hour on a bus trip and was very I impressed.

Gravy Queen: As long as the two you enjoyed having your feet up in the air in a Pub ... Sounds very riskque, like two teenagers ... Just like we were too, having had to get married so young ...

Taxi: I went there on a High School Trip ...

Bill: I have been to Trentino Alto Adige ... Trieste is lovely ... This region has some stunning Red Wines ... The Ottoman Austrian Historical Roots merged with the Northeastern Italian ...

Thank you for all your feedback, anecdotes and lovely travel stories.
Ciao.
Margi.

Last edited:
We were married on a Friday evening and drove to Myrtle Beach after the ceremony and a small Mexican dinner with friends. It was March, and the beaches were almost empty, but the air and water were nice and warm, so we had lots of beach time and we went to Medieval Times for their dinner and show Saturday night. :)

I went to work.

We married with just two witnesses, had a knees up in the pub and both went back to work after the weekend.

Romantic I am.

:LOL: It was just me and him and the preacher, afterwards we went and ate a sandwich in the parking lot of a fast food joint. :ermm:

We took a cruise for our honeymoon to the Bahamas, St. Martin, St. Thomas
Nice but next time I'll do it with a different husband :angel:

Hmm...(27 years ago) after the ceremony (Judge, Mom, Dad, baby brother, Shrek and I) we met my Grandmother at a Mexican restaurant. Then we went back to Mom and Dad's house and we slept in sleeping bags under the Christmas tree.

Our second ceremony, with a preacher (the middle stepson), was in my stepson's back yard with the whole kid side of the family there. We spent the night there. Later in our vacation Shrek caught pneumonia...fun times.

I finally got my Honeymoon about two years ago when we went to Whitefish, MT and stayed in a full service lodge on the lake for three days.

Merlot said:
:LOL: It was just me and him and the preacher, afterwards we went and ate a sandwich in the parking lot of a fast food joint. :ermm:

We took a cruise for our honeymoon to the Bahamas, St. Martin, St. Thomas
Nice but next time I'll do it with a different husband :angel:

Not a bad idea, Merlot, to switch out husbands occasionally....

Margi, we stayed at the Kauai Sheraton on Poipu beach as well!

Last edited:
First husband, honeymooned in Cape Canaveral, FL. He was there for business and had been diagnosed on our wedding day with mono. He spent every day at meetings. The rest of the time was either at dinner somewhere or resting. Need I say more. That marriage didn't last. Surprised?

Then...Buck and I met. Magic. We married during early evening in a lovely stone historic house, built in the 1700s owned by the county, then drove to an awesome inn in Shepherdstown, West Virginia for a fabulous and relaxing honeymoon. it was lovely and, as long as we lived in the Washington, DC area, we went back every year on our anniversary for a few day's stay...in the same room as the one in which we honeymooned. We were together 32 years before he died.

Now...it's Glenn and me. We met for our first date at a downtown gazebo, then had a wonderful authentic Mexican lunch in a restaurant that was downstairs of a bed-and-breakfast, also owned by the restaurateur.

We were married, on a lovely October day outside in the gazebo, and as a surprise for me, Glenn had arranged for us to honeymoon in the bed-and-breakfast above the Mexican restaurant. It was sweet, thoughtful and romantic of him.

Steve and I had our honeymoon at a little seaside town, it is one of my favourite places, so relaxing, tranquil and scenic :)

I went to work.

Romantic I am.
Snap Queen, we only got married as an aid to keeping M in the country.That started a 4 year battle with the home office.I was told as a British Subject that I had no right to marry the woman I love and live together in the country I love.I thought bollocks to that Home Office bring it on.I was then quite a prom member of the Labour Party and still had a few renegade MP friends like Dr B Iddon(a prominent back bench anti iraq war firebrand) who help me to victory.We could not leave the UK for a honeymoon as our re-entry would be challenged.

First marriage: A week in Portland, Maine. Spent a couple of days playing golf, went camping, sight seeing, etc.

Second marriage: got married on Christmas Eve. We had the license for about a month. No date set. Was busy wrapping presents, getting the turkey stuffed, etc. Very busy. All of a sudden he shows up in the doorway to the kitchen. "Ready to go get married?" Changed into a dress first husband had bought for me, called upstairs to two friends to act as witnesses, grabbed my oldest child, and off to the Mariner's Minister. Came back home, changed my clothes, went back into the kitchen, he fell asleep on the couch and stayed there for the night. I finished getting ready for Christmas. Fell asleep about 4:30 a.m. Kids woke us up early. Merry Christmas everybody. :angel:

Buon Giorno Barbara L.,

Thank you for your entertaining anecdote ...

Charleston, S.C. is absolutely enchanting ... However, do not know Myrtle Beach.

Have a lovely wkend,
Ciao. Margaux.

Katie H.: You would make a wonderful T.V. Presenter, like an O. Winfrey ... Enjoy your anecdotes ... Have a lovely wkend.

Addie: Very entertaining too ... Thanks for your feedback ... Have nice wkend.

Bolas: I am aware of the U.K.´s extreme restrictions on immigrants coming from the East married and especially the unmarrieds.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful account with us.

It seems that Doc Spock has done a fine job, and you are on the mend.

Have lovely wkend.
Ciao, Margaux.

Kylie: Thank you for your contribution on this thread about honeymoons.

P. Fiona: I am speechless ... Sorry that your honeymoon turned into a night at hospital due to Shrek getting so sick ...

Thanks for sharing your anecdote with us.

Ciao,
Have nice wkend Ladies,
Margaux.

Got married at 11:00 a.m. with my brothers, parents, and the Minister present, had a nice lunch at a swanky restaurant, and then I drove my hubby to the airport in WPG--he flew back to New Brunswick, I went drove back to MN and went back to NB a few days later. We were in University and that was the only way I could stay in Canada after my student visa expired. We spent 6 weeks camping that summer in West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and other locales in between.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom