Food photos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bmhughes89

Assistant Cook
Thought it would be nice to share pictures of food. I love plating and would love to see some of your photos as well. Also, If there's already a forum like this or this is in the wrong spot let me know.

The food is a polenta Napoleon with cheddar cheese, bacon, roasted jalapeños, spring mix, and a bacon balsamic reduction.
Cheddar sweet potatoes, panko encrusted green beans , roasted chicken breast with a red wine barbecue sauce and a Romano chip.
Finally we have a vinegar based pulled pork china black rice, red peppers and celery and a spicy mustard sauce.

Attachments

• image-2162706963.jpg
    image-2162706963.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 352
  • image-1619146538.jpg
    image-1619146538.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 271
  • image-3625594847.jpg
    image-3625594847.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 245
Bmhughes89 said:
Thought it would be nice to share pictures of food. I love plating and would love to see some of your photos as well. Also, If there's already a forum like this or this is in the wrong spot let me know.

The food is a polenta Napoleon with cheddar cheese, bacon, roasted jalapeños, spring mix, and a bacon balsamic reduction.
Cheddar sweet potatoes, panko encrusted green beans , roasted chicken breast with a red wine barbecue sauce and a Romano chip.
Finally we have a vinegar based pulled pork china black rice, red peppers and celery and a spicy mustard sauce.

Gorgeous, BM! Thank you!

they say you eat with your eyes first so you owe me a laptop bmh....i've just eaten the screen!what a skill to cook food like that & paint a picture on a plate.....respect man:cool:!
i think the idea of a dedicated pics forum is good too.we all like to show off a bit,that's one of the reasons we cook(well it is for me anyway).we could post some of the disasters too á lá "outtake tv" here's some of my recent efforts,from other threads,not as pretty as your's but i'm told they tasted ok:
1)prawn,mussel & scallop fettuccine with saffron,garlic & chilli
2)double ribeye cheeseburger with bacon,cukes,dill potato salad & crisps
3)mussels with crevettes & samphire
4)prawn & chicken yellow thai curry with baby aubergines.courgettes & chilli jasmine rice

Attachments

• SEAFOOD FETTUCINE FINALE 001.jpg
    SEAFOOD FETTUCINE FINALE 001.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 344
  • RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 007.JPG
    RIBEYE CHEESE BURGER 007.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 251
  • THAI YELLOW CURRY 4th JULY 2012 007.JPG
    THAI YELLOW CURRY 4th JULY 2012 007.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 235
All of those pictures look wonderful.
You guys sure know how to make the food look so good. :yum:
I wish I could do that but I'm lucky if the chow even makes it to a plate. :(
The only problem with the photos is that they make me want to eat and eat and eat some more. :pig:
Thanks & Keep up the good work.

Vietnamese beef

cooked this tonight:vietnamese beef with rice noodle,sour green mango,peanut,pomegranate & chilli salad

Attachments

• VIETNAMESE BEEF 001.JPG
    VIETNAMESE BEEF 001.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 230
  • VIETNAMESE BEEF 002.JPG
    VIETNAMESE BEEF 002.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 229
  • VIETNAMESE BEEF 004.JPG
    VIETNAMESE BEEF 004.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 223
  • VIETNAMESE BEEF 005.JPG
    VIETNAMESE BEEF 005.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 236
Stop it!!!
Just stop posting pictures of wonderful food. :yum:
I'm going to gain a gazillion pounds just looking at these pics. :mad:
Oh well,Might as well go out with a smile on my face. :D

Wow, Harry! You owe me an iPad.

Pass the drool rag!
thanks dawg,it's on it's way matey.what do you think about a specific photo forum?
if everyone who wanted to posted say one pic a week it'd build up nicely? if we posted the disasters too(i have plenty of those!)it might raise a chuckle too:)!

Stop it!!!
Just stop posting pictures of wonderful food. :yum:
I'm going to gain a gazillion pounds just looking at these pics. :mad:
Oh well,Might as well go out with a smile on my face. :D
now you know you don't mean that z:rolleyes:! listen,my next few shots are going to be of a glass of water & stick of celery..i eat what i cook!!.actually everything i cook is pretty healthy....lots of fish/seafood,minimal fat/oil,no butter or cream.even the burgers were lean,couple of thin slices of cheese,bacon was grilled & drained on kitchen paper & low fat mayo on the spuds.
keep:D'ing z!

Last edited:
Harry Cobean said:
thanks dawg,it's on it's way matey.what do you think about a specific photo forum?
if everyone who wanted to posted say one pic a week it'd build up nicely? if we posted the disasters too(i have plenty of those!)it might raise a chuckle too:)!

I think this IS the specific photo forum!

Not as fancy as ya'lls food but this is the kind of stuff we like to do. Sorry about low pic quality.

In the castiron is a Coconut Porter Beer Can Chicken. Garlic, rosemary and thyme in the can with the beer. Smoked pablano jerk rub, smoked on mesquite/Apple then finished off with toasted coconut. It was amazing for just catching a buzz and messing around.

On the pit: Texas style ribs with smoked jap, chipol and habi rub with brown sugar. Red curry wings, sweet green curry wings and some axis brats (sauteed in onion, garlic and beer before hitting the pit). Once again, two 12s of Sierra Nevada Pale and a few friends got this meal out awesome.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120706_155348.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120706_155348.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 190
  • ForumRunner_20120706_155455.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120706_155455.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 195
That looks fantastic 4 string chef, food doesnt have to be fancy and pics dont have to be either. I often just take a photo with my phone, not the same quality but you can see the food perfectly well!

Love your chicken, I did beer butt chicken once, bit of a bugger getting it in the oven balanced on a can, have you got a proper thingy there for it?

Thanks for the pics.

Yeah. They are super cheap too. I think they call'em "chicken stands" or something of the likes. We started it in the ground then had to move it to the oven for the coconut shavings. In the oven is good but its always better on a pit or grill, imo. Try tying up the legs to the body and see if it won't stand up for you. Never tried it but I guess it makes sense. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers

Thought it would be nice to share pictures of food. I love plating and would love to see some of your photos as well. Also, If there's already a forum like this or this is in the wrong spot let me know...

We agree. We've been sharing food fotos for a while. You should check out our Member Photos section.

Back
Top Bottom