So What's On The Table For Monday July 9?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
It is finally summer here and very warm. I am thinking club salads will be nice and I don't have to cook! :)

What are you having?

It's meatless Monday here--I have beans, chard, kale, peas, onions, lettuce, baby beets, and radishes from the garden. Not sure what I'm going to make. Probably a stir fry.

Whatcha stuffin' it with Andy?

A spinach and feta stuffing I had made a while ago for a couple of extra thick pork chops. When I make a batch of this stuffing, it's enough for two meals so I freeze half. I'm using the second half of the batch for a tenderloin.

when I opened the freezer to dig out the stuffing, I saw some frozen lo mein noodles so decided to make sesame noodles for a side.

I'm thinking ham and Swiss strombolis. Salads. Have strawberries and blueberries still for dessert. I'm hoping to find some nice peaches for the wonderful peach cobbler posted this weekend.

Kathleen made stuffed peppers last night for our dinner today. :yum:

I wonder if she would notice a couple missing for my lunch. :yum:

The Chinese food in my neck of the woods has gotten so bad, I decided to dust off the wok & give Beef Lo Mein a go. Marinating flank steak in ginger, garlic & soy sauce, and have some stir-fry veggies (asparagus, mushrooms, onions, carrots etc.). Plan B, is to turn the marinated beef into *Asian-style kabobs w veggies & noodles.

http://www.guamdiner.com/recipe/recipe.php?recipe=53

Last edited:
driving over tomorrow to spend a couple of days with bolas & madge so it was a fridge clear out dinner.had some baby aubergines & courgettes left over from the curry,always have toms/garlic/chilli/shallots in & found a swordfish steak lurkin' in the freezer with the stray peas & freezer bag ties.griddled swordfish & ratatouille(ish)

Attachments

• SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 001.JPG
    SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 001.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 179
  • SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 002.JPG
    SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 002.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 171
  • SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 003.JPG
    SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 003.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 167
  • SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 004.JPG
    SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 004.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 163
  • SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 006.JPG
    SWORDFISH & RATATOUILLE 006.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 170
Baked ziti and green salad. I assembled the ziti last night and Ds will put it into the oven. Therefore, he gets credit for "making" dinner.

nice grill marks, harry. looks tasty.

i'm working another double shift, so my first dinner is balsamic brushed grilled octopus salad, pita, and a little cup of taboulli.

img_1159107_0_d270018c1c4b111b3c3948f5e20c4f03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dinner tonight will be shrimp grilled and tossed with an orzo salad of sliced grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, roasted asparagus, and feta cheese.

Enjoy the day :chef:

nice grill marks, harry. looks tasty.

i'm working another double shift, so my first dinner is balsamic brushed grilled octopus salad, pita, and a little cup of taboulli.

img_1159121_0_d270018c1c4b111b3c3948f5e20c4f03.jpg

That looks fabulous Tom, tasty looking dish :yum:

Dinner tonight is leftovers.

But I did go out in the backyard, pick cherries, and make a couple of pies. :yum:

img_1159121_1_b65ff4f793c6f4c17b727f5af2c30d87.jpg

Steve, your pies look stunning, well done! :chef:

Dinner tonight will be shrimp grilled and tossed with an orzo salad of sliced grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, roasted asparagus, and feta cheese.

Enjoy the day :chef:

LC, lovely sounding meal :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, your pies look great. I finished picking sour cherries a couple weeks ago. Different kinds ripen at different schedules I guess.

Tonight's dinner is an everything salad, cobb salad, call it what you will. Baby spinach, sliced grilled chicken, avocado that must be eaten, tomatoes, onion, radish, cukes, zukes and some serrano peppers. I think I'm forgetting something. Too many baggies and covered containers in the frig at the moment. Parmesan peppercorn dressing or blue cheese dressing. I have some melon and (store bought) cherries for dessert. I made squeezed lemonade earlier today.

Harry, your grilled fish dinner looks fabulous, as well as Tom's octopus dish. I've never had the opportunity to try octopus, but that dish sure does looks tasty. And I want a big slice of Steve's cherry pie, immediately. Those are beautiful!

Not sure yet what's on my dinner menu, but it will be something cool and light, that I know for sure. :)

Back
Top Bottom