What do you have for lunch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, Taxlady treated me a lovely Danish lunch hosted by a Montreal Danish Club. Excellent open-faced sandwiches (salmon, shrimp, pickled herring, etc.), delish dessert, beer, and aquavit. Even better, was the company. It was so nice to finally meet Taxlady and to meet her Danish friends.

What? No cheese danish??? Muah! :winkiss: Love ya, TL!

Must have n=been lots of fun! Wish I could have been there.

It was a lot of fun!!! We stopped at an Indian food store and Costco on the way back to TL's. I got to stock up on curry leaves (and now I know what that distinct smell reminds me of--gasoline), some paneer, turmeric root!, and some goodies at Costco. It was worth the 1.5 hr drive. I could be convinced to do it again! When's the next luncheon, TL?

Cheese Danish :ohmy: :shock:

Danes don't put cheese in their wienerbrød. We had the regular, yummy, Danish kind, imported from a Danish bakery Toronto. :LOL:

Yes, we had loads of fun. The Indian store had us in fits of giggles. We found "zukini", "guva", and "lachis". I Googled the "guva" - no such thing, but they sure looked like guavas. The "lachis" were lychees. Make a wild guess what the "zukini" was. We found a lot of strange and interesting stuff. I also picked up a 10 lb bag of brown basmati rice.

It was a lot of fun!!! We stopped at an Indian food store and Costco on the way back to TL's. I got to stock up on curry leaves (and now I know what that distinct smell reminds me of--gasoline), some paneer, turmeric root!, and some goodies at Costco. It was worth the 1.5 hr drive. I could be convinced to do it again! When's the next luncheon, TL?
I'd love to get together again. Next luncheon is 12 September.

Cheese Danish :ohmy: :shock:

Danes don't put cheese in their wienerbrød. We had the regular, yummy, Danish kind, imported from a Danish bakery Toronto. :LOL:

Yes, we had loads of fun. The Indian store had us in fits of giggles. We found "zukini", "guva", and "lachis". I Googled the "guva" - no such thing, but they sure looked like guavas. The "lachis" were lychees. Make a wild guess what the "zukini" was. We found a lot of strange and interesting stuff. I also picked up a 10 lb bag of brown basmati rice.

Cheese Danish, a lovely blend of cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar and a bit of sour cream to thin a bit and lemon juice. plopped in the middle and bake...YUM!

Glad you and CWS had a good time. It's fun going shopping together!

We are getting some Costco store over here soon, they are being built now...what types of things do they sell CWS?
They sell all sorts of stuff at Costco, but in big containers or a box of several. E.g., I bought Hellman's Mayo in a 1.5 L container and 6 pairs of underpants in one container. I buy 6 jars of pasata, bundled together.

They sell office supplies & furniture, large and small appliances, pet food and supplies, car stuff, light bulbs, meat in large containers, eggs, butter, cheese, clothing, books, make up and personal hygiene stuff, a limited selection of herbs and spices in huge containers, ...

Mine has a pharmacy, some of them have gas (petrol) stations.

The first time you go, plan on a couple of hours to check out the store.

I had a lovely cheese and coleslaw salad for lunch, infact the same every lunchtime for the past two weeks AND ive lost 2lbs in weight!!! yeahhhhy!!

Pink Panther said:
I had a lovely cheese and coleslaw salad for lunch, infact the same every lunchtime for the past two weeks AND ive lost 2lbs in weight!!! yeahhhhy!!

Good for you!

We'll have corn soup and homegrown tomato and shallot sammies.

Lately I usually have either a salad or hit the hot food bar at Whole Foods. Today I went to WF and got some sort of vegetarian curry. Normally I like what I get, but today it was just awful. The veggies were bordering on raw and the stuff had so much heat that my tongue is still feeling it a half hour later. All heat and no taste pretty much sums it up. I threw most of it out. :neutral:

My girls asked me for some stuffed french bread for lunch so I made that and kept a piece for me. I was a sliced loaf of french bread, smear with cream cheese and finely sliced green onion both ends, Flat leaf Italian parsley chopped, several shots of Worcestershire sauce some mayo , then crab meat, add some chopped pecans and that's it. All they need do is run it under the broiler at school its yummy.
kades

In a few moments, this:

Attachments

• P1060799.JPG
    P1060799.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 134
Lunch today was raw veggie plate from the garden--tiny bush beans, tomatoes, cukes, carrots, grated beet salad, and kohlrabi. S&P.

My girls asked me for some stuffed french bread for lunch so I made that and kept a piece for me. I was a sliced loaf of french bread, smear with cream cheese and finely sliced green onion both ends, Flat leaf Italian parsley chopped, several shots of Worcestershire sauce some mayo , then crab meat, add some chopped pecans and that's it. All they need do is run it under the broiler at school its yummy.
kades

That sure does sound lovely Kades :yum:

They sell all sorts of stuff at Costco, but in big containers or a box of several. E.g., I bought Hellman's Mayo in a 1.5 L container and 6 pairs of underpants in one container. I buy 6 jars of pasata, bundled together.

They sell office supplies & furniture, large and small appliances, pet food and supplies, car stuff, light bulbs, meat in large containers, eggs, butter, cheese, clothing, books, make up and personal hygiene stuff, a limited selection of herbs and spices in huge containers, ...

Mine has a pharmacy, some of them have gas (petrol) stations.

The first time you go, plan on a couple of hours to check out the store.

Thanks Taxy :)

They sure do sell a lot!

I will certainly give myself a good couple of hours to have a good look around ;)

I normally have a good sized breakfast: Juice, eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast, Ovaltine and coffee for example; and I eat mid-morning, so I found if I have a normal lunch I am not hungry for supper until around 8 or 9 pm, which is unacceptable. So for lunch, after one hour of resistance traing starting at 10:30 and my senior fitness class from 11:30 until 12:30, I will have one of the many Ready-Pac Bistro salads available at the supermarket and a glass of San Pellegrino sparkling mineral water. If I buy 3 or more salads at a time, they're only 3 bucks American per salad. This way I am hungry for supper around 6:00pm.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom