Does this sound good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nico Zottos

Assistant Cook
Hi there I am fairly new to cooking but I had an idea in my head of a dish I'd like to try out but I'm not sure if the combination would work so I wanted to ask you all. I'm thinking of doing a blackened Tuna steak over crab ravioli tossed in a lemon cream sauce....do you think this would work? Thank you!

Wonderful...I was brought up cooking home recipes but now I'm venturing into different styles of cooking and I'm very uneducated so I hope my time here will help me! Thank you very much!

to be honest, not really. but you never kniw until you try, and i might be wrong.

but it appears you have 2 dishes that could share 1 sauce.

the powerful blackened tuna would do well with the sauce, but with a simple starch.

the crab ravioli is delicate, and if the sauce were so, would match well.

the two together seems like eating off different plates, imo.

but again, you won't know until you try.

to be honest, not really. but you never kniw until you try, and i might be wrong.

but it appears you have 2 dishes that could share 1 sauce.

the powerful blackened tuna would do well with the sauce, but with a simple starch.

the crab ravioli is delicate, and if the sauce were so, would match well.

the two together seems like eating off different plates, imo.

but again, you won't know until you try.
+1 & welcome to dc from manchester uk.you have two distinct/different dishes there nico,as tom said.
the crab ravioli & lemon sauce.....marriage made in heaven.parsley & chilli are best friends with crab so a little of each or both in the rav if you haven't already included that IMO.
the tuna i would serve over stir fried noodles with a few veg mixed in or fried rice IMO
good luck matey!!

+2, the ravioli would get lost in the mix, whether on top or bottom.

Nico,
I reckon I should point out that I like to eat darn near everything and most combinations are fine with me. Having them on the same plate saves dishwashin'. :LOL:

I'm not totally in agreement with this combo, either. The ravioli sounds good on its own.

Tuna, you need to be very careful not to overcook, so I would advise against blackening it. Searing yes. Blackening no. Overcooking will turn a succulent piece of fish into a dry, grayish mass.

I'm not totally in agreement with this combo, either. The ravioli sounds good on its own.

Tuna, you need to be very careful not to overcook, so I would advise against blackening it. Searing yes. Blackening no. Overcooking will turn a succulent piece of fish into a dry, grayish mass.

I also agree the crab and tuna would be better in different dishes.

Blackening is just searing a protein that was covered in spices, no? We usually do our tuna that way. Just a minute or so per side in a cast-iron skillet preheated for about 10 minutes. Comes out nice and rare.

I would love the crab ravioli on its own. And, I would love tuna steak, but the two combined...well, I think that it might be too much.

Buon Girono,

In my opinion, I would not serve Ravioli over any fish ... However, I am half Italian, and thus, do not combine other cuisines with Italian ...

These two dishes could be delightful dishes all on their own ...

Have a lovely summer,
Margi. Ciao.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom