McDonalds Is Selling Curly Fries!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love curly fries, I hope they come to Oz ;)

They sell them a Hogs Breath Cafe here :)

Kleenex, Buonasera, Good Afternoon,

Good posts on fast food chains ... I had read your one on Wendy´s as well ...

In Spain for example, the locals who frequent fast food chains, are predominately people with children ... They cater to the local tastes, and thus, have to keep changing the cartes ... They also use, local regional products which are very different than the products in the USA ...

In India, the burgers are lamb or chicken ... In Pakistan, no pork ground can be used, nor in Morocco. In Spain, the burger has Spanish type PATATAS BRAVAS, which are double fried potatoes cut in thick wedges and served with a Spicy Smoked Pimentón Paprika made from La Vera, Extremaduran Cayenne ...

So one can see, they are innovating ... and prices have dropped due to the crisis.

Thanks for posting ...

Margi.

Gravy Queen: I have never eaten there either

I receive their foreign press relations, as I am a professional journalist.

I am from another generation ... I have never eaten at Burger King or Kentucky Fried or Wendy´s ...

I eat very little red meat and when I do, it is a Roast made at home or in Uruguay and Argentina ... or a very select restaurant, as I do like a rare thick steak every so often ...

Not my cup of tea ...

Kind regards.
Margi.

Last edited:
Sorry buck I should have expanded . I only ever took my kids to Maccy D when they were younger as a treat . Now none of us ever eat there . Plus watching Supersize me would put anyone off (or perhaps not).

It's not even interesting when I expanded lol .

I suppose in my royal deluded head I am far too grand for Maccy D and my sophisticated palate . Jeeves pass me the sherry and a turkey twizzler ! Hic.:yum:

lol, gq.

i wasn't pointing my comment at any oarticular person (who pooped).

i realize everthing isn't for everyone, but i wondered what makes someone feel the need to be contrary to a thread in extremely simplistic form? or worse, in a verbose form.

does anyone care that this tiny thing isn't for you? what are you trying to say about yourself by such a statement?

i'm just curious as to what is fhe spirit of the t.o.s. of "be nice to each other".

Gritty as you know the English language is not my forte or even fithte, but even I know that the P is silent in Bed.

GQ,

I do not see you as a Food Snob ... I am not either, I just do not do Fast Food or Overdone Fusion & overcooked meat ... I prefer, a Greek Yogurt or a simple Pasta with home made sauce ... These chains opened in Los Angeles around 1979 - 1980 and I was born in 1962 ... So, we did not have this food culture with two European parents ... Swiss French Maternal and Italian Paternal ...

I also do not eat very much red meat ... If I am going to, I prefer to speak with my Butchers and prepare it at home ... or go to Uruguay or Mendoza, Argentina for real Steak on BBQ ...

Have lovely August,
Margi.

I love curly fries, I hope they come to Oz ;)

They sell them a Hogs Breath Cafe here :)

Well I would like them over her in the USA... Sure the french fry they sell in the USA is good, BUTTT I would not mind options.

Apologies for derailing the thread, but I'd eat at McDonald's
if they offered some of the foods they do in other countries.
Watched a show not too long ago that showed what American
fast food companies had on the menu in places like Japan....
damn, they get the "good" stuff!

Apologies for derailing the thread, but I'd eat at McDonald's
if they offered some of the foods they do in other countries.
Watched a show not too long ago that showed what American
fast food companies had on the menu in places like Japan....
damn, they get the "good" stuff!

yeah, what they do is hardly "innovative", what they offer is simply catered to the local market.

A favorite of mine from the McD's in Japan and Hawaii, is the McTeri burger. SO good(for fast food). Also, the McSaiman: Fried rice, also REALLY, surprising good for any place, let alone a McD's.

As for Curly fries, I think the only place that offers them is Arbys, and Hardees/Carls jr. I love a seasoned curly fry if I am going to eat some greay food goodness, but I still prefer a Crinkle Cut over all, if I am going to "fry" it up.

Not sure who has access to Checkers, or Rallys, but THEIR fries are pretty darn tasty for a fast food fry!

If you have the right gadget, you can make them at home.

Making Curly Fries Simple - Gadget Of The Week. - CaribbeanPot.com*|*CaribbeanPot.com

And, probably, a healthier "baked" version.

How to Make Curly Fries | eHow.com

As I recall, I've seen curly fries in the frozen food section.

And, you can "season" them w/ your own creation/mix.

I like that little gadget and think I will get one.

Thanks for posting this info Cerise .. we love potato fries as well as sweet potatoe fries and this will help to make them a bit more fun !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom