If you had a cooking show, who would you be like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicole

Washing Up
If I had a cooking show I think I would be like Paula Deen. I cook alot of fried foods (fried chicken, fried pork chops. etc) something simple and delish.... I like to put something in the oven and let it cook all day. When it comes to sweets anything once again that is homemade simple and sweet. I guess you can call me awanna be Southener.. :) . Who would you be like?

I would probably be like Alton Brown. I love his scientific approach. I also love how most of the things he makes are made with the home cook in mind. What I mean by that is he pretty much uses ingredients that are easy to find and usually not very expensive.

I do not think I will be like anyone on TV.

All my food cooking would be hot and spicy foods. Bringing you to new heights on how to use a hot pepper. Even deserts will not be spared.

I like Alton Brown's approach, and his show, but if I had my own show, I would need to come up with my own way of doing things.

Has anyone here seen a British chat show called "The Kumars at No. 42"?

Doing to a cooking show what Sanjeev Bhaskar did to interviews would be pretty cool. :mrgreen:

People tell me I am like the following
Jack Nicholson
John Belushi
Ted Levine

My show would be adult oriented....instead of BAM :!: ...it would be.....well you get the picture.

I don't know if I would emulate anyone in particular. If I had a cooking show, I would like to have musicians, friends, comedians, fellow chefs, cocktails, chat, with cooking as a main focus.

It would have be entertaining, fun and a little crazy, with lots of spontaneous things going on.

Probably wouldn't be for the young kids, but I would have a blast!!!

I would get my best friend and do a Two Fat Ladies only neither of us is fat, so I guess Two Not-So-Fat Ladies......two svelt ladies, two average broads?????

norgeskog said:
I would get my best friend and do a Two Fat Ladies only neither of us is fat, so I guess Two Not-So-Fat Ladies......two svelt ladies, two average broads?????

I would watch your show. What ever happened to those ladies? I liked that show

nicole said:
norgeskog said:

I would watch your show. What ever happened to those ladies? I liked that show

Patterson died a couple of years ago, she was the dark haired lady. Clarissa is cooking somewhere in England but not on TV here. BTW you remind me of someone I used to know, did you ever live in Los Alamitos or Long Beach??

Me......Nope, I wish I lived there. What make you think that i remind you of some one?

Aw..I wonder what happened. I realy liked that show. At first they were annoying but, I kept watching them and they were very interesting.

ironchef said:
kleenex said:
I do not think I will be like anyone on TV.

All my food cooking would be hot and spicy foods. Bringing you to new heights on how to use a hot pepper. Even deserts will not be spared.

This sounds like a certain red-headed NYC Chef.

Close but not 100%. On his cooking shows he does not use peppers 100% of the time. My show will :twisted: :twisted:

I enjoy Alton Brown's explanations, but he's a little kooky for me...

I always liked the Frugal Gourmet, Jeff Smith (anybody remember him?). He was always talking about the importance of food in connection with friends and family. He would usually do fairly simple, straight-forward recipes and show really nice ways to present them (I like presentation).

Of the modern TV chefs, I guess I like Tyler Florence. He instills the sense of "you can do this" better than many of them. I also like Sara Moulton's style... "act like you meant to do that"... I think my show would be a cross between hers and that "Nekkid" Chef dude... I like his enthusiasm and humor.

Back
Top Bottom