Please help ...quick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyNyssa

Assistant Cook
Hey cooking peeps! I am making Pork Chops for pretty much the first time ever tonight. A few things, we are long term campers so I don't have an extensive kitchen or ingredient list, what I have is what I have I cannot go to the store. I also can only work with a propane grill and a one stove top burner. I am trying to "spice up" the chops so they are not just bland ole pork chops. What I have is this to work with for the main dish: Pork Chops, fuji apples, yellow onions, cinnamon, salt, black pepper, maple syrup, soy sauce, honey, paprika, garlic salt, butter buds and a bit of spray butter, vegetable oil, cayenne, curry, bbq sauce. For side dishes= canned veggies including green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, corn, mushrooms. I also have fresh avocado and tomatoes and bananas! I was going to try to make some brown rice and spice it up as a side dish but have no clue what to do with it. I have brown gravy packets and dry milk. I do have aluminum foil, a skillet and two small cooking pots about 500 ml and 800 ml. It is 3;15 where I am, can anybody give me any ideas on any of this so I don't have to wing it!? Thank you so so so so much Your time and ideas are appreciated ahead of time. :blush:

You are well stocked for camping!..

make Guacamole salad with the avo and tomato..garlic powder or papricka

then burn up the chops..salt and pepper, remove and set aside..

then grease the pan and burn up the onion and mushroom and make the gravy pkg

I would heat the can of corn..

bread or beer is nice too..

I eat this meal at home all the time!

Eric, Austin, Tx.

Thank you sir Loin of Beet but do you know how I could do this on a grill? Looks like an awesome recipe. Thanks again!

Uh, no S.L.o.B (haha acronym) for camping it is too heavy...sorry. Any other ideas?

Thank you sir Loin of Beet but do you know how I could do this on a grill? Looks like an awesome recipe. Thanks again!
I'd brown the chops in the skillet, add the rest of ingredients, and cover it with foil then lower the grill heat and let the chops cook til tender. use the pots for the corn and make a nice salad with the tomatoes and avocado's.
kadesma

Uh, no S.L.o.B (haha acronym) for camping it is too heavy...sorry. Any other ideas?

I told you not to tell me that!

You said "I do have aluminum foil, a skillet and two small cooking pots about 500 ml and 800 ml." You should be able to improvise with these items. Brown the seasoned pork chops on the grill or in the skillet, put them in your skillet, put the onions, sweet potatoes and apples on top of them, cover the skillet with aluminium foil and let the skillet sit on the burner on medium low until the apples and sweet potatoes are soft.

Last edited:
Thank you so much everyone. Now I have even more ideas for the next time around. I ended up soaking the chops in a honey, soy sauce, garlic saltish, brown sugar mix for about 2 hours, flipping them every 30 minutes. I made up an avocado tomato salad with some seasonings (hubby doesn't like tomatoes like I do) but with the seasonings he ate every single bite. I also made up some corn with some butter buds and a bit of garlic salt to try to make it like corn on the cob, actually didn't taste any different than usual. I think everything was great and the hubs said he LOVED everything!! Thank you and I love all of these ideas and will use them in the future! Much love to you all!

I wondered if you have considered getting a dutch oven that has a lid that converts to a skillet. It would serve many purposes and you could get rid of some of the other pieces. It would even cook that brown rice. Glad the chops came out great. Pork chops are a favorite here but we've never done them while camping.

I wondered if you have considered getting a dutch oven that has a lid that converts to a skillet. It would serve many purposes and you could get rid of some of the other pieces. It would even cook that brown rice. Glad the chops came out great. Pork chops are a favorite here but we've never done them while camping.
Dutch oven with a skillet lid sounds like a great idea, especially for camping.

Back
Top Bottom