"The Chew"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's on right now here in the east. The theme today is "Sinfully Sweet"...just what I need :-p They're making "Honey Apple Bread Pudding" right now....yummy

Last edited:
I love Carla Hall. I was rooting for her when she was on Top Chef. I will have to search our ABC station here to see if we get it. Is it on just once a wek or every day? :angel:

I've been under the mistaken impression that the show was a talk show like The View, so I never even looked at it. Thanks, I'll check it out.

I think you'll both like it Addie and Z. We always watch it eating our lunch and Steve enjoys it too. I like Mario also MA, but that Carla Hall keeps me laughin'...:LOL: It's so nice to see a cast of people who really seem to enjoy one another, and the cooking is great too. ;)

I watched this show for the first time this afternoon. The recipe of the day was stuffed chicken porchetta style cooked by Mario Batali. The recipe looked really good so I copied and pasted it for future use.

Aside from the two recipes that were on the show today the rest of the show's content was of no interest to me. They spent too much time laughing hysterically at each other's jokes. I might as well have been watching good morning America or Regis and Kathie Lee or another show like that.

I appreciate the fact that they enjoy their work. But sometimes they forget that they have an audience watching and they should be entertaining them, not themselves. :angel:

I hate cooking shows with a bunch of people. Watching them chatter amongst themselves turns me right off.

If a recipe is one I'm interested in, I look it up on the internet for that particular episode.

When it came on, I posted about it here: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f147/the-chew-new-cooking-show-74966.html.

At first, it was a train wreck, but now, it seems to have improved a great deal. Why Daphne Oz is on there is still a mystery, but I enjoy the way they tease each other and laugh together. I don't really consider it a cooking show, but a show with cooking in it. I wasn't sure who Michael Symon was, but now I love him, and Mario and Clinton and Carla.

If you don't see it on you stations, you can watch it on your computer.

I actually just got Tickets to be in the studio audience next tuesday. My friend has gone twice already and loved watching it live. Last week they gave away a Vitamix to everyone in the audience, i hope im that lucky :)

larry_stewart said:
I actually just got Tickets to be in the studio audience next tuesday. My friend has gone twice already and loved watching it live. Last week they gave away a Vitamix to everyone in the audience, i hope im that lucky :)

That sounds like great fun! Hope you luck out and get some neat stuff!

Thanks, i hope so too. My friend went when it was their 100th episode, and all she got was a lousy cupcake. Im not expecting anything, i just hope its a lot of fun.

You need to wave at us from the audience!

Heh, just saw you're a dentist, how appropos to get tickets for "The Chew"!

Last edited:
I love the show, I love the interactions of the host and how well they work together, They have had many halarious bits on there. The most memorable one Mario breaking the bed. That day was great. If you missed go to Youtube and search the chew mario breaks bed, there are many, Its a great show.

I used to realllllllly dislike this show, when it came on last year. I think the first few weeks were pretty horrid. I've since begun to enjoy it, and tape it daily to watch when I get home from work. I don't know if I just had to get used to the cast, or if they improved... but I love it.

I used to realllllllly dislike this show, when it came on last year. I think the first few weeks were pretty horrid. I've since begun to enjoy it, and tape it daily to watch when I get home from work. I don't know if I just had to get used to the cast, or if they improved... but I love it.

They have improved. They found their focus. These folks were thrown together without a purpose of the show. Now they have one. :angel:

Today they are airing the show that I went to the taping.
Topic is Dinner and the movies ( or something like that )
Making a Michael is making a beef stew ( has something to do with The Princes Bride) and Mario is making a Pasta dish inspired from The Godfather.

Had a lot of fun at the taping.

That sounds like a lot of fun Larry.

I really loved the segment where Mario Batali and Jewels made his recipe for Baked Eggplant Parmegian, It was uniquely healthy in the the eggplant slices were not dredged in egg and breadcrumbs, nor fried. And it was unique the way he sliced garlic thin and poked the slivers into the flesh of the eggplant slices before baking. Then he sprinkled breadcrumbs on the top for some crunch. Here's the video of that segment:

Mario Batali's Eggplant Parm Stacks - the chew - ABC.com
:chef:

Back
Top Bottom