Looking for Pumpkin Pie Recipe with cookie crust?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Hi all :)
I seem to have misplaced my recipe for pumpkin pie with a cookie base and a friend has asked me to make it for her birthday.
We don't get canned pumpkin here so it has to be made with fresh pumpkin.
If anyone has a TNT recipe for me I would appreciate it!
My recipe was my own but I haven't made it for so long that I've forgotted the quantities. I don't want to wing it, it's for a birthday after all and flops won't cut it :LOL:

This is the tried and true recipe, and can be made with fresh puree, no problem.

LIBBY'S® Famous Pumpkin Pie

I usually substitute the canned evaporated milk with half and half (half cream and half milk mixture) or even plain milk, and it works just fine.

I usually put some vanilla flavor (extract) in too, maybe 2 teaspoons. My mom always did, so I do too. Full disclosure, I put Vanilla in almost every baked good!

Cook this as you would any other custard, when the center is set and jiggly like gelatin, it is ready (it should be slightly puffed, but not fully risen in the center).

Last edited:
Thank so much, I'll do just that :) I always put vanilla in baked goods too. Vanilla is to sweets what salt is to savoury.

This recipe sounds close to what mine was. I also used evaporated milk. I'll make my cookie crust with nutticrust cookies and butter as I always did.

Last edited:
I use the Libby's recipe for mine also except I add 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice in addition to the individual spices in the recipe. We like ours with a bit more flavor. I also will sprinkle cinnamon on top after it cools.

I use the Libby's recipe for mine also except I add 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice in addition to the individual spices in the recipe. We like ours with a bit more flavor. I also will sprinkle cinnamon on top after it cools.

I think I'll add more spice too. Thanks Jabbur, like my pumpkin pie spicy.
I always sprinkle mine with a bit of sweet dukkah.
This recipe looks very close to mine, maybe losing my recipes wasn't such a disaster after all!

Back
Top Bottom