Pots and their Tops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ana12

Assistant Cook
Hey Guys,

When I cook I find it hard to store my pots, especially the lids. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a solution to this?

What are your thoughts? Does this problem even bother you?

I am a newlywed and have received a good amount of cookware as gifts, but when I cook, these lids are driving me crazy!

Has anyone found an easy or even complicated solution to this?

Let me know :chef:

Hey Guys,

When I cook I find it hard to store my pots, especially the lids. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a solution to this?

What are your thoughts? Does this problem even bother you?

I am a newlywed and have received a good amount of cookware as gifts, but when I cook, these lids are driving me crazy!

Has anyone found an easy or even complicated solution to this?

Let me know :chef:

I keep mine in a drawer. Start with the smallest one, place the next size over that one, then the next one in size, etc. Works for me. :angel:

There are options.

I nest larger saucepans in a stack then lean the lids against the wall of the cabinet smaller to larger.

You can buy or make a lid holder that attaches to the inside of the cabinet door.

I also nest my saucepans. I have a lid organizer in the drawer where I keep them, similar to this: Lid Organizer

51ACuS8ORVL._SL1000_.jpg

Reply to all

I know there are racks you can use to organize your lids, but that takes up needed space.

And stacking the lids is fine and all, but they roll around and topple over in my cabinets.

Has anyone used a unique method of dealing with this problem?

Does this problem bother anyone a lot?

My cabinets have a half shelf along the back of the bottom cabinets where I keep my pots. The lids nest on that shelf. Some of the bigger lids like for my large stew pot I just turn upside down into the pot then stack other lids or pans on top. I have more of a problem with Tupperware and plastic ware lids than pot lids. ; )

Here is a pic of what I tried to describe in my earlier post. The blue shelf liner acts as a non-skid surface that keeps the lids from sliding down. This section of cabinets has doors on both sides. That's why you see small electrical appliances behind the pots.

Attachments

• DSC03443.jpg
    DSC03443.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 296
Does this problem bother anyone a lot?
I guess I'm not terribly bothered. :rolleyes:

I stack pots inside each other in the cabinet. I put the lids in a drawer next to the cabinet. If I had the room, I would probably mount the pots on the wall, but I don't, so in the cabinet they go. It seems to me like it works just fine.

I put all my pot lids inside out onto the pot then I stack them. I also stack my pans inside each other from biggest to smallest. This works fine for me and the lids are always on the right pot.

I use a hanging pot rack. It has a place around the top outside for lids. Works okay.

If you have no counter space, but you have a cabinet without shelves, there are lid racks to hang on the back of the cabinet door. They could also hang on a wall or the side of a standing cabinet. Many styles.

There has also been suggestion to use the brown, heavy paper, expandable file things from the office supply as a lid holder on a shelf.

I put all my pot lids inside out onto the pot then I stack them. I also stack my pans inside each other from biggest to smallest. This works fine for me and the lids are always on the right pot.
I do the same thing for the ones that are in the kitchen. The ones in the basement, I just have on shelves with the right lid on the pot.

I love this idea:

2011_10_14-LidRacks.jpg

I've also seen people who have used (shower curtain) tension rods to hold lids in place. They place the rods vertically to hold the lids against the side of the cupboard or else horizontally if you're trying to keep lids against the front or back of a drawer.

ooh found pictures:
images

and

IMG_0039.jpg

Last edited:
I send others in after the pots. Some times they make it back out without getting hurt. :D

I'm grateful that I was able to turn a coat closet into an equipment pantry, I just hung up a nice coat hanger on the wall for coats. I can keep the lids on the pots.

Do you have a closet that could be used for storage like this? It could be off the kitchen. In an apartment I had there was a small closet not too far from the kitchen and that's where I kept a lot of cooking supplies, I preferred a few extra steps to trying to juggle stuff in the cabinets.

SG1L3568.JPG

I had considered using one of the small spare rooms for this. In the end, I decided to use the basement--makes me go up and down stairs (more exercise). I figure there is no reason to keep everything in the kitchen--especially those things I don't use every day, for example, my bread machine, deep-fat fryer, griddle, BIG stock pots. I also keep some of my bakeware in the basement since I don't bake every day. Makes the cabinets a lot tidier.

I stack the pots one inside the other, the lids sort of stand at their sides. Big pots are on the top shelf in the pantry. If some one finds an easy way without taking up yards of space, please let me know. I've been seeking for over half a century now.

Thanks Guys

Does anyone else have suggestions?

I did recently see the rack for lids, but I was not aware that existed about a month ago. In my home where I grew up, we just stuffed everything into the cabinet. They weren't my own pots so the way they were placed didn't really matter to me.

Now it does though since these items are my own now. I want to start off as organized as possible to avoid clutter in the future!

Even if you have made something or use an item that was not intentionally intended to hold pot lids, but you make-shifted it, if you can let me know, that would be awesome.

We're all cooking savy on this site, lets get creative talking :chef:

Back
Top Bottom