DC Cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
We have all seen some pretty amazing recipes come through these forums. What would be the possibility of putting together a DC Cookbook from those recipes. It would have to be made up of current members, as everyone would have to give permission for their recipes and pictures to be used. Maybe just a couple of recipes from those who wanted to participate, with pictures, and techniques.

Is this a possibility?

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I helped put together a cookbook for my Church. It's a lot of work, especially the editing of the recipes. You have to category them, then make sure that the ingredients are in the order they are to be used. Also have to make sure that the directions are easy to read and that they make sense. A lot of people submitted recipes that really needed clarification. They knew what they meant but the reader wouldn't, necessarily. It can be done, but would need a good organizer to do it.

I have written 4 cookbooks, and so know what your are talking about. I also had to take tech report writing, and advanced tech report writing, which taught one to turn jargon into something lay people could understand.

For this project, I'm not suggesting that we make a formal cookbook, simply a recipe pool, so to speak, of our DC favorites. Those who have place well received recipes and techniques would again offer them for the cookbook. And the cookbook would be an ongoing work.

The only difference between the cookbook, and the regular topical posts is that there would be no discussions in the topic, only recipes.

We could ask certain members to contribute things that we've seen and liked, just in case they forgot about something. They would post a message to the topic with the recipe.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom