Butter Cookies with Walnuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Livi loves these cookies. Me too:yum: Preheat oven to 325 and grease 2 large cookie sheets. In f/p combine 1 cup walnuts,1/3 cup sugar plus 1 cup for for rolling cookies.process til nuts are finely chopped add 2 cups a/p flour processing til well blended. Add 1 cup of butter at room temp a little at a time pulsing to blend. Remove dough from f/p squeeze together with your hands.. Pour remaining sugar 1 cup in a shallow bowl, pinch off a piece of dough about the size of a walnut form into a ball,shape ball into a crecent taper ends. carefully roll crecent in the sugar place each cookie on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake 15 min. or til light brown cool 5 min. Then transfer to racks to finish cooling. Store in airtight container
This is nice as the entire recipe can be made in the f/p
kades

These sound yummy. Is there a way to make them without a food processor? All I have is a mini chopper or a blender. I also have a hand blender, will anything I have work?

Am I the only person in this world that finds walnuts somewhat bitter? I would much rather have hazel nuts or pecans. Even almonds. :angel:

These sound yummy. Is there a way to make them without a food processor? All I have is a mini chopper or a blender. I also have a hand blender, will anything I have work?
Shoot. you need to get the nuts well chopped try the blender put in the nuts and sugar and go for it then do the rest by hand.;)
kades

Am I the only person in this world that finds walnuts somewhat bitter? I would much rather have hazel nuts or pecans. Even almonds. :angel:
:angel:Addie, hazelnuts would be the nut of choice and almonds follow so you are going to make and love some great cookies. :angel::angel:
kades

Back
Top Bottom