Surgery went well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Kat

Cook
But pain level is 50 times what I expected. The doctor said it would take about an hour; it took two. Things were a bit messier when he got in there. They removed the screw from my ankle (and let me keep it!!) but there were bone chips and spurs that were causing most of the trouble.

My daughter got married yesterday, of course I couldn't go. We are planning a reception for her in January at our country club.

My dad is in ICU with internal bleeding that they can't find. He is 79 and has all sorts of issues so this really worries me. This afternoon we are getting a wheelchair for me to use so I can go visit him.

I think that's it for now. I should be back in full force next week when the pain wears off!!

Oh, Chef Kat! So sorry things are not going well, and that you had to miss your daughter's wedding. Healing thoughts going for you and your dad. Please take your pain meds, and thanks so much for the update! {{{{hugs}}}}

Last edited:
Hope things go better, Kat! Remember to take the pain meds when your pain starts reaching a 4 out of 10...that way you can stay on top of it and not play catch up. I hope they find and answer for your Dad and you are able to go see him.

Kat, my thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. What a day yesterday was for you! Congratulations on your daughter's marriage and gentle hugs for you and your Dad.

Listen to PF on the pain med schedule. Take it from someone who knows all to well that it doesn't pay to be "brave" when it comes to trying to deal with pain without meds. You will be off them quicker if you let them help right away.

:flowers:

So good to hear the surgery went well Kat, hope you are on the mend soon!

Congrats to your daughter too on her Wedding :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom