Tangy Beef Shortribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Maloney

Senior Cook
TANGY BEEF SHORTRIBS (crock-pot)

3 - 3 1/2 Lbs. Beef Shotribs
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Lg. Onion, sliced thin
1/2 cup Dry Red Wine (any)
1/2 cup Chili Sauce
3 Tblsp. Brown Sugar
3 Tblsp. Cider Vinegar
1 Tblps. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard
1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
2 Tblsp. Cornstarch
1/4 cup Cold Water
Noodles, cooked

Combine the Ribs, Salt & Pepper, Onions, Wine, Chili Sauce, Brown Sugar, Vinegar, Worcestershire Sauce, Mustard & Chili Powder.
Place in the Crock-Pot.
COOK ON LOW for 8 HOURS until fork tender.
Turn Crock-Pot to HIGH. Remove Lid.
Combine the Cornstarch w/Cold Water and Stir into Crock-Pot.
Cook Uncovered for approx. 30 minutes to thicken a bit, stir occasionally.
Serve w/Noodles if desired.
eat. smile.

Good thing I have slip-on shoes and no shoe laces to contend with today. I read the recipe and thought, this would Really be good slow cooked. Let's see, it's in the title and again in the instrux which type of Cooking Pot is Recommended. Aye-yi yi. Hope it turned out good. I have a clean fork.

well... this is really very good. I have 5 stars and the date 3/23/86 above the recipe. I had forgotten about this recipe and came across it again in my ancient archives :)

We have been looking for other smoke or roasting recipes so thanks for posting this.

I hope you do not mind if I modify your great recipe Chef.

My plan, using Chef Maloney's recipe, is to combine all ingredients down to the cornstarch, cover the ribs and let it all marry up for four hours.

Smoke for two hours or so at 160 degrees.
Turn up the temp to 375 to 400 and roast until done.

What do y'all think??

Again, this is a great site for inspiration.

We have been looking for other smoke or roasting recipes so thanks for posting this.

I hope you do not mind if I modify your great recipe Chef.

My plan, using Chef Maloney's recipe, is to combine all ingredients down to the cornstarch, cover the ribs and let it all marry up for four hours.

Smoke for two hours or so at 160 degrees.
Turn up the temp to 375 to 400 and roast until done.

What do y'all think??

Again, this is a great site for inspiration.

SS, I think you could turn used moccasins into a gourmet feast on your smoker. You have some serious skills. You'll have to show us some pictures, and a critique of the end result. And yes, I think that Chef Maloney's recipe will adapt well to your smoker. I might just have to try it on the Webber Kettle, omitting the wine of course (Can't deal with alcoholic drinks. Never could handle the flavor. But that's just me.).

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom