Dinner Thursday 20th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having rosemary and thyme baked chicken with vegetables and cheese sauce

I'm going to make this for breakfast:

Cinnamon Roll-Wrapped Sausage with Maple Dipping Sauce Recipe from Pillsbury.com

I really love the taste of sausage with syrup, so I think this will be fabulous!

Yesterday I braised a half picnic pork roast in beer, and will use the braising liquid (tasty!) to braise Cheddar brats and onions in beer for dinner.

I'll package the pork in dinner size portions and freeze for later use.

Last edited:
Last night I grilled a couple extra turkey burgers. For tonight I'm thinking of making some mashed potatoes and gravy and pushing one of those burgers into a very large portion of potatoes.

I have a hair appointment at four pm which makes dinner preparations complicated. I loaded up the crockpot with split pea soup stuff and I'll pick up a baguette and stuff it full of roast beef and cheese and heat it up in the oven at the last minute. That should do.

Thawing out the ground Bison... not sure what it will be yet, but since my older boy is coming over for a visit, I'm guessing it will be made into some type of bolognese sauce with pasta, since that's one of his faves. If that's the case, we'll have garlic zuchinni too.
I've also got to make some type of cookies to bring to my favorite coworkers tomorrow :)

No clue yet and I only have 2 hours to decide. I have a salmon in the freezer and that is one fish I can have so I may pull that out now.

Spent all day shopping but think I'm mostly done with Christmas gifts. Too tired to really cook and we have a fridge full of leftovers. There's taco meat, meatloaf, mashed taters, sausage gravy and biscuits, a chicken breast, and macaroni and cheese. I'll pull it all out and folks can nuke whatever they want.

Our version of Spanish rice, which is pretty much a pizza with rice instead of pizza dough and baked for 65 - 75 minutes @350F instead of pizza baked @ 450F for 13 minutes , and 7 Boar's Head brand all beef natural casing frankfurters (4 for me).

I'm trying an experiment. I have leftover risotto with veggies and some sliced ham. I'm going to chop up the ham, mix it with the risotto, add some chicken stock and put it in the oven as a casserole. Sounds good in my head. We'll see how it turns out :)

I had to clear some bacon/mushroom gravy out of the way so you could see the turkey burger :rolleyes:
It was a rib sticker :pig:

Attachments

• turkey burger, mashed, gravy.jpg
    turkey burger, mashed, gravy.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 169
I had an oops while separating eggs earlier today, so we had a French omelette with Gruyère & scallions. We also had toast: sour dough spelt and buckwheat.

Yum, all!

Pac, that gravy looks great! I couldn't find the turkey burger.....

We had beef barley vegetable soup and smoked salmon dip with Triscuits.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom