Roast Beef/Turkey & Asparagus Appetizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cerise

Washing Up
This is very simple to put together (especially since I usually have deli thinly-sliced roast beef and/or turkey on hand), & tasty too. No need for exact measurements, as you can make as few, or as many as you like.

Rinse & trim fresh asparagus (snap off the woody ends). Steam the asparagus & plunge into an ice water bath. Pat asparagus dry. Next, spread each roast beef and/or turkey slice w/ a thin layer of a combo of about one part prepared horseradish to two parts sour cream or onion & chive cream cheese. (For the turkey, you can spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard instead.) Place one or two asparagus over the top & roll up. Let the asparagus tip(s) peek out of the top. If you want to get fancy, slice green onions in half lengthwise, & wrap around the bundles. Quick & simple. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Try cooking your asparagas in the micro. I rinse mine,take the bands off and put it back in the bag from the produce section. Micro for 2-3 minutes and you will have that snappy consistancy you want without any dirty dishes.

You appy sounds good I just thought I would share my shortcut.

Sounds yummy! (you had me at horseradish).

I too nuke asparagus, works every time! Would not have thought of using the produce bag, good idea!

Last edited:
Time got away from me. Vegetables do turn out nicely when cooked in the microwave - especially corn. Thanks for the reminder. Hope you give it a try. Very simple & tasty.

Back
Top Bottom