Need help finding a large roaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
our old hard anodized non-stick roasting pan has seen better days, so i've been thinking about buying a new stainless steel one.

i'm looking for an extra large and deep roaster with a rack good for roasting everything from chickens and turkeys to beef rib and pork roasts, and i also liked the way i've seen chefs on tv use stainless steel ones on the stovetop to make gravies and brown off veggies.

i looked into all clad but they've gotten bad reviews as their larger roasters are made in china and have been known to warp on the stovetop.

does anyone have any suggestions for a stainless steel roaster that's roughly 16x13" or larger?

tia. :chef:

I bought a really nice SS roaster from Sur La Table a few years back on sale for $99 It's 17x14x3 and works with Induction burners. I don't see it on their site anymore, but you might check the store for stock.

Sam's club is closing out their Wolfgang Puck roasting pans for $15. I didn't buy, they look pretty suspect to me.

SS, wow. That could get heavy with a 16 lb bird in it.
My mother and her mother used aluminum roasters as you describe, to make gravy on the stovetop, too. I don't recall them ever getting replaced.
A nice piece of SS cookware is certainly nice though.

I bought a SS Calphalon roaster from BB&B a few years ago and I love it. I think it's about the same size as .40's. It does all those jobs and came with a non-stick rack. It was on sale for $120 or so.

Last edited:
Paderno (Italian manufacturer) has great quality stainless steel roaster from 10" x 15" up to 17" x 24". They are not inexpensive but you can find pretty good prices on these online. At Sur la Table, I believe I saw them from $250 to over $350. Top quality that will last forever if that is the objective.

our old hard anodized non-stick roasting pan has seen better days, so i've been thinking about buying a new stainless steel one.

i'm looking for an extra large and deep roaster with a rack good for roasting everything from chickens and turkeys to beef rib and pork roasts, and i also liked the way i've seen chefs on tv use stainless steel ones on the stovetop to make gravies and brown off veggies.

i looked into all clad but they've gotten bad reviews as their larger roasters are made in china and have been known to warp on the stovetop.

does anyone have any suggestions for a stainless steel roaster that's roughly 16x13" or larger?

tia. :chef:

Chef's Catalogue sells this ginormouos lasagna pan that is SS and can fit a 22 lb. turkey in. I have one and use it for all kinds of roasting chores. Sometimes, I even make a giant batch of lasagna in it. I have multiple turkey racks than fit into it. If I didn't, I'd just use balled-up aluminum foil in the bottom.

It doesn't come with a lid though. If I need to cover it, I use heavy duty aluminum foil. Here's a link: Shop CHEFS Essentials Deep Lasagna Pan at CHEFS.

Think of how much lasagna, or cheese macaroni you could make in this pan. And talk about king-sized casseroles. Would that pan make a grand batch of scalloped potatoes, or clam chowder? And then of course, you can roast a host of foods in it too.

No, I don't sell them, or get anything from the maker. I just really like this pan. It works for so many things.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chef's Catalogue sells this ginormouos lasagna pan that is SS and can fit a 22 lb. turkey in. I have one and use it for all kinds of roasting chores. Sometimes, I even make a giant batch of lasagna in it. I have multiple turkey racks than fit into it. If I didn't, I'd just use balled-up aluminum foil in the bottom.

It doesn't come with a lid though. If I need to cover it, I use heavy duty aluminum foil. Here's a link: Shop CHEFS Essentials Deep Lasagna Pan at CHEFS.

Think of how much lasagna, or cheese macaroni you could make in this pan. And talk about king-sized casseroles. Would that pan make a grand batch of scalloped potatoes, or clam chowder? And then of course, you can roast a host of foods in it too.

No, I don't sell them, or get anything from the maker. I just really like this pan. It works for so many things.

I was just looking through the Chef's Catalog, that pan is a beaut, Chief! I could probably bathe the beagle in it.

I was just looking through the Chef's Catalog, that pan is a beaut, Chief! I could probably bathe the beagle in it.

You caught me totally by surprise with that one. I'm a guy who appreciates a great joke, and I might snicker. It's rare that I hear, or read something that truly makes me laugh, out loud. You did it. That tickled my funny bone. Thanks.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom