Great shows on PBS this month

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
besides downtown abbey, there are some really good shows on pbs this month.

while posting tonight, er, i mean working, i've been watching "independent lens: beauty is embarrassing", about the life and work of the nutcase of an artist named wayne white. a really good documentary/autobiography.

another one from independent lens, "soul food junkies" is very good as well.

just in case you didn't know pbs, has a foodie area: PBS Food: Recipe Ideas, Cooking Shows and Iconic Chefs

i'm looking forward to "rise of the drones" this wednesday at 9pm.

do you watch pbs? if, what shows do you like?

besides downtown abbey, there are some really good shows on pbs this month.

while posting tonight, er, i mean working, i've been watching "independent lens: beauty is embarrassing", about the life and work of the nutcase of an artist named wayne white. a really good documentary/autobiography.

another one from independent lens, "soul food junkies" is very good as well.

just in case you didn't know pbs, has a foodie area: PBS Food: Recipe Ideas, Cooking Shows and Iconic Chefs

i'm looking forward to "rise of the drones" this wednesday at 9pm.

do you watch pbs? if, what shows do you like?

PBS is the very first I go to each day. And I mark any that catch my interest. I am fond of documentary, Nature, Frontline, Nova, you get the idea. After PBS, I then go to Hallmark Movie channel. I have my perrenial favorites. The New Year's Concert from Vienna, This Old House, Ask this Old House. I love the "What izit?" segment, and of course most of their cooking shows. I also watch the "GBH Create series. :angel:

I had to have a custom-made antenna made so I could get PBS. I am enjoying Wartime Farm (Mondays at 7 p.m.), DA, and am also looking forward to the one on Drones, I edited two reports for the Dept of Defense (Canadian) about drones and other weapons of cyber warfare. Fascinating stuff. My Saturday mornings start with PBS "Create" cooking shows. I like Pati (the Mexican cooking one) and Lidia's Italy.

Last edited:
Monday nights have been solid so far on PBS.

Antiques roadshow is a classic must see TV show. I also like Market Warriors.

Thursday nights have the This old House Hour on. Love that show.

I really enjoy Antiques Roadshow, American Experience, and Frontline.

They used to have a show on Sunday evenings called "Mystery" but it's no longer on. Loved that one and miss it.

I watch a fair amount of PBS. Love Antiques Road Show. Watch lots of the music specials, and repeats of the British comedy/drama "As Time Goes By". Love, love, love Judy Dench!
Also watch Historical pieces and wish I had started watching Downton Abbey when it first started :(.

Thanks for sharing that link .. I see a ton of recording will be happening !

I really enjoy Antiques Roadshow, American Experience, and Frontline.

They used to have a show on Sunday evenings called "Mystery" but it's no longer on. Loved that one and miss it.

Mystery comes and goes in cycles. It will be back. right now they are showing some old mystery shows. Midsomers Mysteries. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom