What to do with whole duck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siegal

Sous Chef
I bought a whole frozen Long Island duck. Deciding what to do with it
Need help!!

I was thinking of course to cut off extra fat and skin and render it and get crispy skin pieces and fat

Make a pâté with the offal - is that possible or just heart and liver?

And deciding whether to roast whole duck OR piece it out and make breasts and confit legs, but what to do with rest of Carcass if do that

Thoughts?

So many possibilities. Aside from roasting it, you could break it down. Two boneless breasts that are fantastic pan roasted. Two leg quarters you can confit with the fat you render from the duck. Some killer duck stock from what's left.

If prep correctly and roasted you will have crispy skin like I had in the picture below.
img_1231757_0_4d9337f959024727738ca27dc652d0f0.jpg

Here is one I roasted awhile back.

Roast Duck by Pellet Grill
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f36/roast-duck-by-pellet-grill-82286.html

Thanks everyone will browse the recipes provided. I never made a duck before and I love duck so I'm excited

I would rub it with ginger and brown sugar with a little cinnamon. and stuff it with tea leaves and pealed orange wedges. I would baste it every hour with a mixture of 75% orange juice and 25% beef or bacon tallow.

I would rub it with ginger and brown sugar with a little cinnamon. and stuff it with tea leaves and pealed orange wedges. I would baste it every hour with a mixture of 75% orange juice and 25% beef or bacon tallow.

In concerned that will ruin the rendered fat which I'm looking forward to

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom