Help!! School Fundraiser Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Linda Brown

Assistant Cook
I am looking to make a bit more out of the usual spaghetti dinner by including an alfredo sauce and fetteccine,,,we should serve arounf 3000 hundred peopleany good receipes for the sauce?

for that many, i would go with a white clam sauce to go with the fettucini.

it's easy to make with canned clams, bottled clam broth, butter, garlic, and parsley.

The garlicky sauces may not be for everyone. I'd go for the traditional spaghetti and meat balls. A simple marinara will be more universally accepted, IMO. Some garlic bread, (you can buy this or get it donated) and tons of tossed salad, brownies for dessert and you will have a good dinner.

When folks are eating for a charitable event, they don't seem to want to go out of there comfort zone. A meat based marinara sauce and a meatless sauce for vegetarians is your best bet. Meat balls require more meat than just a meat based sauce. You can make a smaller amount for the vegetarians. A lot of folks are dairy intolerant. So an Alfredo Sauce would not be suitable for them.

A lot of folks like the garlic bread, and a lot don't. So you may have to offer both. But definitely make a lot of salad. With plenty of dressing on the side. Most folks put far too much dressing on their salad than they realize. Use a portion control ladle.

Portion control is very important. Use a ladle that holds a half cup of the pasta sauce for each serving. That is plenty per serving.

I would also serve Penne or Rigatoni type pasta. Easier to control serving size. And easier and more fun for kids to eat. You also have to figure in the cost of grated cheese.

I would suggest you head for the Big Box store to get the supplies that you can't get donated. Speak to the manager before you start shopping. He may be willing to donate the supplies up to a certain amount. Just make sure you list all donors on your publications and notices. They love free publicity. :angel:

How about a white lasagne? Use some spinach and or chicken and make the sauce out of cream of mushroom soup, water or chicken stock . Then just layer it with mozzerella, and parmesan cheeses....It works!

I am looking to make a bit more out of the usual spaghetti dinner by including an alfredo sauce and fetteccine,,,we should serve arounf 3000 hundred peopleany good receipes for the sauce?

Hi. Can you clarify how many people you're serving? Not that it matters much for making suggestions, but I was curious :)

Alfredo sauce costs much more than tomato sauce, because of the cheese; it also doesn't hold as well for serving. And, as Addie said, people are often more comfortable with familiar offerings at a large event like this.

Hi. Can you clarify how many people you're serving? Not that it matters much for making suggestions, but I was curious :)

Alfredo sauce costs much more than tomato sauce, because of the cheese; it also doesn't hold as well for serving. And, as Addie said, people are often more comfortable with familiar offerings at a large event like this.

She stated about 3,000 hundred folks. Did she mean 300 or 3000 folks? :angel:

Last edited:
BTW, Did no one notice that this was her first post? Welcome to DC Linda Brown. I hope we are being helpful. This is a fun place to be. :angel:

I agree with what others have said about sticking with basics. Tomato based marinara - one with meat, one without. Penne or rigatoni. You might also want to have some melted butter or flavored olive oil around for those who like plain noodles and no tomato sauce. My church does that for our family suppers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom