Pork and Black Bean Burritos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
img_1251903_0_96b0f2502fa43af7429c09d112427e46.jpg
img_1251903_1_53e7b82086f85d2ac126533757892dc9.jpg
img_1251903_2_29280a9fc2285617841e0fc88e8aa72c.jpg

Pork and Black Bean Burrito Recipe

- 1 lb - Pork Loin (cubed)
- 4 - Flour Burrito Tortillas
- 1 - Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1/2 - Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 TBS - Garlic
- 12oz - Beer
- 14.5 oz can - Diced Tomatoes with Chile's
- 14 oz can - Black Beans
- TBS - Chili Powder
- tsp - Cumin
- TBS - Oregano
- 2 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1 tsp - Sal
- 1/2 - uncooked rice
- 1 cup - Mexican Blend Cheese

Directions
- Over medium high heat brown pork in olive oil 4-5 minutes
- Add peppers, onion and garlic and continue to cook 2-3 minutes
- Add beer, tomatoes and spices. Cover and simmer for one hour until meat is for tender
- Stir, add beans (do not drain) and rice, stir thoroughly, cover and cook on low 20 minutes
- Filling should now be thick. Add cheese, mix and let cool 10 minutes before filling burritos
- Garnish with more cheese and pico de gallo

Add a dollop of Guac or sour cream, or Both, and I would never leave home again. :yum:

LOL!! Being a single Dad, I rarely plan dinners and use what's in the pantry, etc. You read my mind though, guac and sc would have made these even better!

Now there is a good spot for some avocado slices and Old El Paso pickled japs!:yum:

Anyone have a burrito place that makes them in the 5 lb range with 23" diameter flour tortillas? A friend got me some of the tortillas once (he knew the owner), but the place closed down. It was called the East Coast Burrito Factory. Those tortillas could hold a ton of carnitas.

LOL!! Being a single Dad, I rarely plan dinners and use what's in the pantry, etc. You read my mind though, guac and sc would have made these even better!
I too cook out of the pantry. I cooked up a pot of black beans yesterday (along with some other pots of beans) for the freezer. I make my own tortillas and am thinking that I might have to make some of these using leftover turkey this week.

I too cook out of the pantry. I cooked up a pot of black beans yesterday (along with some other pots of beans) for the freezer. I make my own tortillas and am thinking that I might have to make some of these using leftover turkey this week.

Yum! Looking forward to seeing your version! I wish I had the time/patience to make my own tortillas!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom