100% fruit, frozen treat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skittle68

Sous Chef
I just bought this thing. You put frozen fruit in the top, and what it spits out is supposed to be similar to the texture of soft serve ice cream. But it is 100% fruit- no yogurt, or anything like that. I'm so excited to try it tonight!! I have strawberries, a banana, kiwi, and pineapple in the freezer right now. Yum!! I'll let you know if it works as well as I'm hoping lol

image-259892343.jpg

I just bought this thing. You put frozen fruit in the top, and what it spits out is supposed to be similar to the texture of soft serve ice cream. But it is 100% fruit- no yogurt, or anything like that. I'm so excited to try it tonight!! I have strawberries, a banana, kiwi, and pineapple in the freezer right now. Yum!! I'll let you know if it works as well as I'm hoping lol

Interesting! Looking forward to your report, Skittle!

View attachment 17606

Oh wow .. now that sounds like a great thing. Can't wait to hear your review on this !

Hmmm...I'm going to be in the Twin Cities (passing through), not that I want to stop in the Cities, but I could stop at the "Big Box" store mall that is between the Cities and St. Cloud. I'll have my mom and her dog with me, so I would have to "dash in, dash out." Do you know if there is a Coborns there? My parents have an ice cream maker, but this would be great for them--get my dad off ice cream!

Hmmm...I'm going to be in the Twin Cities (passing through), not that I want to stop in the Cities, but I could stop at the "Big Box" store mall that is between the Cities and St. Cloud. I'll have my mom and her dog with me, so I would have to "dash in, dash out." Do you know if there is a Coborns there? My parents have an ice cream maker, but this would be great for them--get my dad off ice cream!

I have no idea- I would probably look online before I made a special trip anywhere. I'll post my review later, but looking for online reviews couldn't hurt either. I had never even heard of coborns before I came to St. Cloud lol

I have no idea- I would probably look online before I made a special trip anywhere. I'll post my review later, but looking for online reviews couldn't hurt either. I had never even heard of coborns before I came to St. Cloud lol
Where in St. Cloud is it? I have to pass through on my way to Motley and then up North.

Been doing something similar with my Champion juicer for years. Frozen banana + other frozen fruit, nuts, honey...wow!

Been doing something similar with my Champion juicer for years. Frozen banana + other frozen fruit, nuts, honey...wow!

Huh, wish I had some nuts to throw in... I am planning to add honey.

The coborns I got it at was in Sauk rapids. It's just a little ways from the Walmart in Sartell. But there are coborns all over the place around here. I have no clue if they all have these. I got it in the produce dept. Just so you know it was $50

Wow!! I give this gadget an A+ for the product. Yum!! We didn't let the fruit soften a little bit like the instructions said, so the first pieces we put in basically came out as powder. As the fruit softened it came out more and more like soft serve. By the time I was at the bottom of the cup it was a surprising melty, creamy consistency. Absolutely wonderful!!

image-2105805372.jpg

image-1409850802.jpg

image-2950699554.jpg

I do this in my food processor ... my first go at it was with frozen bananas. It works wonderfully! Frozen peaches done that way are out of this world.

looks good, skittle, but i'm not sure why this can't be done with a good blener or fp, and frozen fruit, ice, and a bit of nearly frozen skim milk? we have a vita mix that will do that, ad even an el cheapo blender if you do it right.

Last edited:
looks good, skittle, but i'm not sure why this can't be done with a good blener or fp, and frozen fruit, ice, and a bit of nearly frozen skim milk? we have a vita mix that will do that, ad even an el cheapo blender if you do it right.

Because kitchen gadgets are cool! Girls also need toys :LOL:

well of course, certainly. btw, guys like kitchen toys too. ;)

so long as you have a big enough kitchen for single use stuff.

well of course, certainly. btw, guys like kitchen toys too. ;)

so long as you have a big enough kitchen for single use stuff.

I always pick a house for the kitchen, I spend most of my time in there anyway! My kids call the kitchen "Mom's bedroom" :LOL:

P.S Some girls like fast cars and power tools too ;)

we've been looking for a house and my criterion is a yard big enough for a pool and veggie/herb garden. dw can choose the house.

lol, my wife loves to tell people how she taught me to drive stick in her old honda prelude, and seems to neglect including the fact that i taught her how to make meatballs, chicken parm, and sausage and peppers. :)

Last edited:
we've been looking for a house and my criterion is a yard big enough for a pool and veggie/herb garden. dw can choose the house.

+1 I want the kitchen and the yard. Don't care what size the other rooms are!

lol, my wife loves to tell people how she taught me to drive stick in her old honda prelude, and seems to neglect including the fact that i taught her how to make meatballs, chicken parm, and sausage and peppers. :)

:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom