Dinner Tuesday 23rd April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight, another Jamie Oliver dish...we are making his Sausage Carbonara, lots of cream and bacon, it is delicious!

We have rain and cold today so I'll be putting the pot of ham and bean soup to cook shortly. Can't decide between strawberry shortcake (on pound cake, with ice cream rather than on biscuits or "sponges" with whipped cream) or maybe I'll bake some oatmeal cookies. Not a big cookie baker but the weather seems to need something like that.

We're having chicken parm with pasta and a sorta caprese salad.

We have rain and cold today so I'll be putting the pot of ham and bean soup to cook shortly. Can't decide between strawberry shortcake (on pound cake, with ice cream rather than on biscuits or "sponges" with whipped cream) or maybe I'll bake some oatmeal cookies. Not a big cookie baker but the weather seems to need something like that.

The strawberry shortcake & Oatmeal cookies both sound DELICIOUS!

It's cold and rainy here too. We're having hot pastrami sandwiches and salad. Maybe some mac and cheese for a side if I'm feeling especially hungry.

Pork Milanese and a tossed salad!

It is really just homemade shake and bake but, Pork Milanese sounds better! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

For two pieces of pork I mix up.
1/4 cup of Panko crumbs
1/4 cup Romano grated cheese
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Black pepper
A pinch of baking powder
A drizzle of olive oil for the pan and on the chops

Dip pork in beaten egg and then in crumb mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 30 minutes.

I'm going out to dinner with friends tonight instead of tomorrow, because tomorrow I'm making a rain barrel at a class sponsored by the local cooperative extension office, where I volunteer as a master gardener. DH will have a Marie Callender's chicken pot pie. He loves those. Nice, easy comfort food :wub:

I will be having the Americanized version of Mexican tacos using 20% flavor ground beef.

After much consideration, I decided I wanted mushroom Swiss chicken. I'm home alone right now but I went ahead and made the chicken. I also put some cubed potatoes in the oven to roast and I may pull out the lettuce and have a salad with it. There will be enough for folks to reheat when they get home if they want.

Doctored up some previously made potato leek soup with Hen of the Woods mushrooms, more herbage and pepper, milk, and yogurt cheese. Now for a dash of sherry.

Shoot, out of sherry. Oh, well, it's tasting pretty good.

Lovely Bea :)

Pork Milanese and a tossed salad!

It is really just homemade shake and bake but, Pork Milanese sounds better! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

For two pieces of pork I mix up.
1/4 cup of Panko crumbs
1/4 cup Romano grated cheese
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Black pepper
A pinch of baking powder
A drizzle of olive oil for the pan and on the chops

Dip pork in beaten egg and then in crumb mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 30 minutes.

After much consideration, I decided I wanted mushroom Swiss chicken. I'm home alone right now but I went ahead and made the chicken. I also put some cubed potatoes in the oven to roast and I may pull out the lettuce and have a salad with it. There will be enough for folks to reheat when they get home if they want.

That sounds really tasty Jab :yum:

Back
Top Bottom