Dinner Tuesday 7th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having beef schnitzels with steamed savoy cabbage and broccoli with gravy

there's a pork loin roast that dw neglected in the upstairs fridge, and now it's past it's date on the packaging, but if it's still good, i'm going to cut it into cubes, marinate in evoo, fresh thyme and fresh garlic chives (both from a budding spring garden), s&p, hungarian paprika, and turmeric.

since i have no skewers on hand, i'm gonna split a few chopsticks as as sub.

but all is lost if the roast is bad, and i'll have to hold my tongue. i hate wasting the flesh of an animal that gave it's life for our sustenance, so even if it's just a bit funky after scrubbing and maybe slicing down a bit, we're eating it. isn't that what spices are for?

uff da.

Last edited:
I have thick boneless (I started to add "skinless" LOL) pork chops marinating in Bruschetta Italian dressing. We will have them with Italian green beans (just a coincidence that they and the dressing are both Italian--in name anyway!). :yum::yum:

well, now I have < a quart of pizza sauce left in the frig, last nights meal was tasty so will repeat the spaghetti, with an inspiration from pac....the garlic infused evoo on french bread...need to procure some french bread first.....and, another inspiration,......move the evening wine a little further from the keyboard:mrgreen:...I only have one device to connect me to the Internet and I don't want to gum up the works..

Tonight I think we'll have a hash brown casserole with kielbasa, onion, mushroom and cheddar.

Trying to clear older food from the freezer, I was going to mix up a package of pasta/sauce/veggies with a Dolly Parton-size chicken breast, cut-up. But Steve Kroll's tuna steaks look so very good THEY might be coming out of the freezer instead. I think I'll have Himself grill both proteins and use one of the chicken breasts in the pasta dish tomorrow. Looks like some much-needed rain headed our way for the next couple of days.

i lucked out and the pork loin roast was still good, no funk at all, so i cut it into large cubes, skewered it in chopsticks, but changed plans a bit and made up a rub the herbs and spices of which i deciphered from a didficult conversation with one of my turkish neighbors who is learning english - i might add at an amazing rate.

anyway, it came out fantastic. i doubt they'd appreciate that i used the rub on pork loin cubes as it is intended for chicken breast, but i won't tell. shhh. :ermm:

it came out fantastic; better than expected. it tasted just like the chicken skewers that we get from halal food carts at festivals in the city, but leaner since rhey usually use somewhat fattier chicken thighs, and trimmed pork loin is relatively fat free.

i'll be making this again soon as there were no leftovers. :pig:

pics and recipe later. gotta run to baseball practice.

You make that sound so good, Bucky, I'm looking forward to seeing the rub recipe.

I think it's going to have to be some baked chicken breasts on top of potato's and carrots. Something I can shove in the oven and and forget about. Some green beans on the side. Not very inspired.

39817-albums960-picture5486.jpg
Soft shell crab sanwich w/ tomato, spinach and homemade mayo.

Soft shell crab sanwich w/ tomato, spinach and homemade mayo.

Looks great, S&P! I've only had soft shell crab once, it was really good. How the heck do you get all that seafood in Montana?

We had Taco Tuesday. Taco John's does it right.

Chicken Fajitas for us..... Made up my own fajita spice mix and it was pretty good, I had 3, but I could have eaten at least one more :(. No leftovers :(

s&p, your soft shell monsters look great.

do you know where they are from? what waters? were they "local" (lol, local montana crabs), or deep feozen?

yep, will do. gonna call it buckytoms turkish rub, although that might attract folks looking for a bath and massage... lol.

Back
Top Bottom