Weigh In

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost a pound this week, for a total of 17 pounds. This is a milestone -- I'm in the 150s! No more 170s, no more 160s! Yip-de-doo! :LOL:

How'd everybody else do?

Cats

weight.png

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The road to slimness is not an easy one.

Something to ponder--I went to an inservice about stress and weight came up. The psychiatrist who was the speakermentioned this and it is certainly something to think about. We talk about losing pounds, but think of other things you have lost. Usually when you lose something you want to find it, but we never want to find those pounds. She suggested that we talk about gaining slimness or gaining a healthy body since in many aspects of our lives, a gain is a good thing. Any thoughts?

Is TickerFactory.com where the cute progress graphic came from?

purrfectlydevine said:
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The road to slimness is not an easy one.

Something to ponder--I went to an inservice about stress and weight came up. The psychiatrist who was the speakermentioned this and it is certainly something to think about. We talk about losing pounds, but think of other things you have lost. Usually when you lose something you want to find it, but we never want to find those pounds. She suggested that we talk about gaining slimness or gaining a healthy body since in many aspects of our lives, a gain is a good thing. Any thoughts?

Is TickerFactory.com where the cute progress graphic came from?

I agree. I do weigh myself. But I feel much more satisfaction when I go to the store and by pants a size smaller. Also, I do feel better and have more energy. I am sleeping better at night. That must be from all this exercise.

The good news is that I have lost 2 more pounds!!

Congratulations to everyone else that is doing great with the weight loss and exercising. :cool: I am so proud of you all. Keep up the good work. :)

I have gained muscle tone! Wheeeee! I'm at what I suppose would be my target weight, but now, I'm still there, but with muscle. I pop out of bed every morning (even saturdays!) I'm needing less caffeine, and I'm looking forward to taking the hotel stairs rather than the elevator when I go to Vegas tomorrow. This working out thing is IT!

Since yesterday morning I have logged over 5 miles on my legs. :) Yesterday, I hiked a road that almost went straight up. It felt so good to get out in the fresh air. The only time I stopped was to round up the dog. He kept wanting to smell and chase after everything!!

I agree, jkath, that exercising gives you more energy. After my workout yesterday morning I had all kinds of energy. I felt great. The other good thing is that I have been sleeping like the dead at night from all this exercising. :)

I have also started using the universal weight machine at work. I have a very weak right shoulder (rotator cuff injury). So, I have been working to strengthen it. Last year I went through several months of physical therapy, but this winters snow shoveling did a number on my shoulder.

I can relate to the shoulder problems. I had to have bones removed from my right shoulder and the path to recovery was difficult and I doubt it will ever be as good as it was.

mudbug said:
middie, are you eating enough protein (meat, cheese, eggs)?
all the time. problem is i stopped working out for awhile cause i was so tired. (i'm anemic). i tried taking iron pills but then i end up with 2 black eyes, so i quit taking them. and i hate veggies, so that's no help either. i really should talk to my doctor when i go see him. but i'm getting better gradually.

Middie, I have the whole anemic tendancies too. But, after taking SloFe & hating it, Doc told me to regulate my intake better. No more meds for that now, and eating spinach, potatoes & red meat are keeping me healthy.

I had so much fun eating all kinds of different foods on my vacation, but I did work out at the health club at the hotel. The best part is I woke up this morning & weighed in at 111, same as I was before the million trips to the buffet :)
(it's the working out, I'm convinced!)

Lost two pounds this week, for a total of 19 pounds lost. Next week: Twenty Pound Club! :)

How's everybody else doing? Are we still posting our weeklies here?

Cats

WHOA! You blew me right outta my chair with that one. (You are too funny, Jkath.)

Thanks very much!

I hope others post here again . . .

Cats

I lost two pound last week, and four the week before!!! My total is now 29 pounds!!!! Roll on 30, only 70 odd to go now!!! Sigh.............

None of clothes fit!!!! I haven't gone shopping as yet, I am waiting until I fit into a proper size, I am in between at the moment. And I can move now!!!! I swim, I can almost jog, I use the cross-trainer, I never thought I would enjoy exercise. And my asthma has improved. I am feeling so much better and everyone is noticing, which is really nice! I am so thankful for all of your support, without you guys I never would have gotten started!

I'm guessing you're going through a ton of water like I am now - - thank goodness I just take all the empty gallons to the 25 cent refill place or I'd be broke!

Kyles and Cats, VERY well done!!

I have good news to report as well. Since the end of February, I have lost 16.5 pounds, 18.25 inches, and 13.78 pounds of body fat. This is all due to working at Curves, drinking several quarts of water a day, and watching what I've been eating without getting nuts about it.

I am now the proud owner of a pair of size 10 jeans, which is not bad for someone who is 5'8".

Mudbug, where'd you go?
All I see is this skinny girl hanging around posting under your name!!!!

WAY TO GO, GIRL!!!

I'm still working out daily, and I'm proud to say I now have definition lines on my abs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom